IDIOT City Workers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IDIOT City Workers

today around noon we had the water main break under the highway outside our house. they stood around until about 7:30pm and started digging. it is now 10:45pm and they are maybe 3 feet down out of the entire 10 feet they have to go and they are not even shure if they are digging in the right place! due to the water runnin for 7.5 hours. our yard, and several others are well flooded and its about 15 below out so now half the neighborhood is a skating rink with the possibly of one flooded basement. luckily the water mostly ran away from our house, but it is up to the house but luckily no damage. if these tards woulda started earlier, they could have avoided a lot of this... but no! oh and the kicker, they are blocking our driveway with rigs parked in our driveway. they have 2 backhoes with jackhammers mounted on em digging basically in our yard and a huge generator/floodlight system shining in at least 3 houses windows. no sleep for us tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

well you see they follow a special work schedule. work for 15 minutes take half hour break, work another 15 minutes take another half hour break. and repeat until 8 hours have been taken up. and you cant forget that 4 men have to sit around and supervise every man that works, just to make sure no mistakes are made, because we dont want to waste ANY tax pay money on mistakes! no offense to any city workers, i am one, and it doesn't bother me at all, i think its awesome for them i work in a neighboring town and this is the work day for the ones in my town
Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM

when i went to college in the city, i saw the stereotypical city workers, one working and the other 4 or 5 sitting and looking at him, no joke!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM

i know how union works. lol. ya'all get payed ok too. these guys work for 5 min maybe and then break for a hour minimum
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM

wow, now these guys have all dissappeared. left their 2 backhoes, light generator, and cube van here and must have hopped in there dumptrucks and plow trucks and left. of course all the flashy lights are still on, the generator light is still lighting up the neighborhood and what equipment/vehicles they left here are still running, in our driveway and headlights are still on
Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 PM

Go out there and turn it all off....
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 PM

taxes are obviously hard at work tonight! i would but i think there is a guy eating in the cube van
Old 01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
hey city workers are like military workers lol jk all that actually work in the AOR......but really I used to work a 3 and 1( 3 3 days on 1 day off ) since I took this new job I now work about a 1 and 5.......it's prett sweet really, but the last 22 days of my life has to be wasted ALOT faster than what it is.......

Chad
Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 PM

when i was in the military, we worked our effin tails off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.