Help With a Credit Card - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help With a Credit Card

Hey guys I didnt see a money section in the off topic section so hopefully this is a ok to post this here. I Just canceld the first credit card I have ever had cause of a 28% intrest rate and they had raised there fees WAY UP. Its was a credit one credit card. I got the credit card when I was 21 and have had it for 3 years until now. I keep a low balance on my card and pay it off every month. I really just use it so I can build some credit and for a emergency incase my debit card ever didnt work. For ex: Im sure you guys have been traveling across country and had you card shut off once because they thought it was stolen and being used in a bunch of diff states. Well I was wanting to get a card that could get me some airline miles or points so I can fly my mother out to see my little girl when I go out of town. I dont know much about the credit cards so Im asking for you older guys for help. What credit card has worked for you guys. Which one is not a TOTAL rip off. I looked online and read a bunch of reviews and they all had bad reviews. So I was thinking I couldt get a real world opinion here. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've had good luck with my capital one card, my chase cards (formerly WaMu card), but my Bank of America card sucks......HSBC has been pretty good too
Old 01-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
Discover and Chase have been great for me Bank of America is a pain in my azz though
Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM

Absolutely piss on Capital one. Chase is a bunch of eff ups too. I won't ever deal with Citi again either. Amex has been the best for me by a long shot. The discover people have been ok too. I also use AmEx fo my business...

I've had a bunch, because when they are stupid, I cancel. Stupid to me is...fees, interest rates, dumbarse customer service people. lots of mailings, the list goes on.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I have one credit card has a 500 dollar limit. It is used every year at christmas to keep it active. When I get the bill it is paid off. The rest of the year it has a zero ballance for emergency use only.

Other then that I pay cash for everything.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:28 PM

1 thing, NEVER close a credit card. It will effect your credit score. Just pay it off, and leave it alone. You were better off doing it the way you were than to close it. Your credit score has a lot to do with available credit, and used credit. The lower the ratio, the better you are. I have 4 CC's with various credit limits, and I rotate them on a monthly basis.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have the visa black card. pretty awesome. i have some one 24-7 that can do anything for me. Im on the road alot, so they can book hotel rooms and all. pretty safe and good card. I broke down one day, made a call and they handled it all. just has a high yearly fee, but i use it, so its worth it...
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 PM

My mortgage guy told me and the wife to always keep our balances below 50 %, and pay at least always a dollar more than your minimum payment, available credit to balance ratio is one thing they look at, and even a dollar more than the min due shows on your credit report as "pays more than agreed", which is a good thing too.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Thanks guys what about a good one to get air line miles?
Old 01-10-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64sledpuller View Post
Thanks guys what about a good one to get air line miles?
They are not really worth it anymore. They have blackout dates, pathetic returns on mileage (not 1 dollar = 1 mile in most cases) plus you have to pay to use them now on many occasions. On top of that, probably an annual fee. Some may have good cards, but I'd be willing to bet they are very old cards and maybe grandfathered programs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.