Any Drummers On Here? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any Drummers On Here?

Figure it would be nice to have a thread showing off the drum kits and tell alittle about them and maybe what genre you like playing.

This would be my 1st drum set. I just recently sold it but it was a pearl elx kit.

My dad on the car port

I now play my dad's old ludwigs. They have been through several different changes throughout the years! They started as a 6pc kit then grew to this...

Then alittle more.....

and then downsized lol.....

Me behind them recently

specs are:
9x10
10x12
12x13
13x14
14x16
16x22
Remo Heads
and Sound Percussion double bass pedals

My dads kit he plays now is ludwigs. He kinda pieced them together and refinished them with a bedliner type material....

specs are:
9x10
10x12
12x13
13x14
14x16
16x22
Evans heads
and Yamaha double bass pedals

We're not to picky on the cymbals but we prefer zildjian but play sabian too

We also build and customize drums as a hobby. Here's a link to a video of some of the work we've done....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDP9BLC95us
and here's us playing together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlYfLM8TelI

If a song has a good drum beat I like attempting to play it though, I listen to everything from classic rock to country and metal and everything in between

Last edited by redneckabbott; 01-02-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cool drums. I like to pick a little bit but thats it.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
The Screwy HEUI

My 1st set was a Ludwig Rocker series 5pc with 2 cymbal stands. Then I expaned it with a couple of Gibraltor cymbal clamps for a couple of crashes & a splash, 2 extra stands for my china cymbals, & a Ludwig double-pedal. I replaced all the heads with Remo. I originally bought the drum kit with Zildjian Scimitar cymbals(hey.....it was a beginner kit), but I hat replaced them with Sabian AA, & AAX cymbals. I had AAX metal hats, an AA studio crash, stage crash, HH 18" china, 20" china, an AAX studio ride, & an AA Power Bell ride. I had to sell the set when I moved into my 1st apartment back in '00. I know that was only a beginner set, but with all the money I put into it & the way it sounded was just incredible. I hadn't drummed until about '03 when my step brother joined a metal band. He had a 7pc Pearl with 24 Zildjian Avedis & Z series cymbals. He also ditched the Pearl single pedal for a Tama Iron Cobra double pedal. The set was professionally tuned to match the tom pitches & each head had Evans heads on it. I got to tap on that until we had gotten into a major argument over something stupid back in '07 & I haven't touched a set since.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not many drummers huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.