Christmas Letter From Grandma! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 06:57 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Christmas Letter From Grandma!

Recently, I sent my grandmother an early Christmas present. She's 89 & lives in a nursing home a few states away. The nursing home she lives in is one of those really nice but quiet places, so quiet you could hear a pin drop......from the other side of the building! The silence is just too much for her, considering she originally came from a big, noisy city, & just wished she had something to help her pass the time with a little more sound while she engaged in activities @ the nursing home. So; I bought her a little transistor radio complete with batteries & sent it to her along with a Christmas card. I figured why wait for 2 more weeks to go by until she could enjoy her Christmas present? She could have it right now & be able to pass the time & have a little more enjoyment in her day. Just yesterday, I received a letter from her along with her own little present for me, thanking me for the radio. It reads:

Dear Cory,

I just received your Christmas present & I wanted to write you a letter telling you how much I appreciate this little radio! I can sit back & enjoy the local oldies station while I crochet or having fun in the home's activity center. It really brightens up a little old lady's day to be able to listen to songs your grandpa & I used to listen to when your parents were just kiddies!

For awhile, my roomate, Loretta, had a little radio almost the same as the one you got me. She's a few years older than me, 93, & has always been a little on the mean side to me. She never let me listen to her little radio, even while she was taking a nap & it made me sad not being able to have a little enjoyment, especially on rainy days when we couldn't go outside. The day after I received your radio, hers had broken after she dropped it. She then asked me if she could use my radio & I said "Eat s%#t & die, mother*#$^er!!!". I love this little radio! Thank you so much, Cory! You certainly made me happy!

Love always,
Grandma XXOO

P.s.- Obama's healthcare plan hasn't helped me a bit, so I couldn't send any money due to paying for my prescriptions. Enclosed are a few gold teeth I had saved from your grandfather after he passed away. I'm sure you could get a couple dollars & buy yourself a milkshake. Love you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Big Red

Your grandma rocks!! Thanks for the good laugh!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:57 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Yeah, she's a good ol' gal!
Old 12-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

thats awsome
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I got a hell of a laugh out of it.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
The Screwy HEUI

As much as I loved her letter I don't think I was too fond of the gold teeth. I do love anything my grandma gives me, but after keeping them in the little pill bottle she's saved them in for so many years, after I opened it up, all I could smell was old chewing tobacco & bad breath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.