Craig (Texas RN) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Craig (Texas RN)

What have you heard about this BS Swine flu? Since you talk to doctors all the time, I wondered if you'd ever asked them if they beleive its the pandemic that the gov is selling to the public .

I bring this up because there was a post from somebdy else that has a friend that's a doctor, and he said that the swine flu isn't any different than the regular flu, with the exception of a cough added to the symptoms. I really don't think that 522 people dead in the US from swine flu constitutes the coverage that the WHO has given it. I mean 522 dead and like 52,000 cases is hardly anything when comparing it to the 300,000,000+ population in this country . Hardly seems worth paying attention to

What do you think? That question is for anybody here, especially if you are in the medical field
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to kimber_da
I have had a couple of patients who supposedly had it. They were fine. But they where healthy. It's just like any other flu, if your really old, really young, or really unhealthy, you haver a bigger chance of not surviving the flu. My cousin, a Physicians assistant, and one of my best friends contracted it from work and said it was the worst flu he has ever had, so there is no doubt (in my mind anyways) that it shouldn't be taken lightly, but like you said, the odds of you dying from iit are slim to none. Wash your hands, cover your face when you sneeze(with a SLEEVE not your HAND) and have a nice day.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_da View Post
I have had a couple of patients who supposedly had it. They were fine. But they where healthy. It's just like any other flu, if your really old, really young, or really unhealthy, you haver a bigger chance of not surviving the flu. My cousin, a Physicians assistant, and one of my best friends contracted it from work and said it was the worst flu he has ever had, so there is no doubt (in my mind anyways) that it shouldn't be taken lightly, but like you said, the odds of you dying from iit are slim to none. Wash your hands, cover your face when you sneeze(with a SLEEVE not your HAND) and have a nice day.
What he said

IMHO they are pushing it so hard because they are using it as an excuse for the health care bill

Last edited by Dave; 08-28-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:15 AM

That's the way I see it. I don't remember the number but it was much higher than the one I mentioned, of the people that die each year from the regular flu

I don't know if fthis is true, but
Quote:
36,000 deaths and more than 200,000 hospitalizations
from the "regular flu"
Old 08-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
That's the way I see it. I don't remember the number but it was much higher than the one I mentioned, of the people that die each year from the regular flu

I don't know if fthis is true, but from the "regular flu"
This statement is true
Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
IMHO they are pushing it so hard because they are using it as an excuse for the health care bill
I don't know bud, it seems like they have some other trick up there sleave. The fact that they proposed to fine people 1000 dollars for not getting the vaccine is a little fishy to me. Call it a conspiracy, but I think there is something else going on.

Why fine for NOT getting a vaccine, when the death toll is SO minute????

I mean we have HIV running rampant here, why aren't those found to have the virus quarantined and not allowed to be in public?

We KNOW that HIV is terminal everytime, while the swine flu only kills .01% of the infected people????
Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Its the ol "bait and switch" tactic the libs have to resort to in order to draw attetion away from there shananigans.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via Yahoo to kimber_da
They won't fine people for not getting it. I read the thread and watched the video too. It'll never fly for two reasons:

#1. Our rights as Americans
#2 THere are people allergic to those vaccines

The main difference between this H1N1 flu and every other flu is POTENTIAL. This strand has more potential to kill people. This doesn't mean it will, it just means it could. Hence the reason it is being fought more aggressively.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Henry View Post
Its the ol "bait and switch" tactic the libs have to resort to in order to draw attetion away from there shananigans.
I could see that too. Still solidifies my point of 'something else going on'. I still don't understand the fine thing, unless that's to give more 'bait' to the turned heads not paying attention to the man behind the curtain
Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_da View Post
They won't fine people for not getting it. I read the thread and watched the video too. It'll never fly for two reasons:

#1. Our rights as Americans
#2 THere are people allergic to those vaccines

The main difference between this H1N1 flu and every other flu is POTENTIAL. This strand has more potential to kill people. This doesn't mean it will, it just means it could. Hence the reason it is being fought more aggressively.
Are you worried about it, being around sick people all the time? Are you wearing a mask at work now more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.