Owls - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Owls

I think I'm in a quandry. For the past week now, I have a strong belief that owls are after me. It started last Saturday with a horrible dream. In this dream, I was in a spooky wooded area that reminded me of the Living Forest from Mortal Kombat II. The trees all had scary faces & every so often, these trees would tell me; "Go back! GO BAAAAAAAA---AAAAAAAAAAACK!!!". I had this uncanny sense of fear that I had no idea why it was overcoming me. Everytime I turned around, the path I was walking on seemed to vanish, Suddenly, the Great Horned Owl named Isaac had perched himself on a limb of one of the trees. I had either shrunk, or Isaac was @ least 7' tall. His eyes were just 2 beaming yellow lights that almost blinded me as he gazed down upon me like he was ready swoop down & devour me. Isaac speaks: "What business do you have in my forest?" He spoke in a great, booming voice.

I had no answer. I was so engulfed in fear, all I could do was cower like a field rat & pray this situation would end well....So he ended up staring me down for what felt like an eternity. Finally, in an even louder voice he bellowed; "YOU'RE NEXT!!!" & he spread his gigantic wings & swooped down @ me with almost eagle-like talons. I turned to run & all I could hear around me was sinister laughter. I woke up pouring sweat. I guess you guys would have to be there to understand how perilous the whole ordeal felt & how close I came to becoming an owl pellet.

So the following Sunday, I had gotten up unusually early. My wife was still sleeping, so I decided to take the dog out to go "potty". The sky outside was a strange pattern of clouds with patches of purple & red smeared together almost like the Apacolypse was on it's way. I didn't think anything of it, so I stood there, in my underwear & slippers, having a cig waiting for the damn dog to go when all of a sudden.......I hear an owl......."who, whooooo".
"Whatever", I says to myself. Not quite making a connection to the dream yet. Then I hear it again; "who, whoooooo, whoooooo". It didn't sound like just 1 owl now.......It was more like 3 or 4........& the "who's" were getting louder & louder. "whooo, whOO, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO". Before I knew it, there were like an entire chorus of owls "who-ing" in unison.....but there were none in sight! They sounded near, they sounded far; "WHO! WHO! WHOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!" I CAN'T SEE THEM!!!! WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!?!?!? HEEEEEEEEEEEELPPP!!!! I dragged the dog by his leash, slammed the garage door & ran back into my bedroom; "THEY'RE AFTER ME!!!"................& then............it all stopped. There was shear silence. I looked out the window & on the only dead tree in the yard, I saw a single brown owl perched. It looked @ me & then flew away.

A couple of days had gone by & I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday, I was working & driving the truck for a delivery. I had just turned my head for a second, turned it back to look straight ahead & in front of me......a Wise potato chip van was getting ready to cut me off! I slammed on the brakes & almost jack-knifed, blowing my airhorn @ that chit head. When I realized what had happened, I froze to look @ the Wise Owl grimacing @ me on the back door of the van, winking @ me deviously like it was actually the owl himself that was trying to run me off the road.

Yesterday, I came out of work & saw the craziest bird-turd on the tonneau cover of my truck. I was walking out with a co-worker & we both noticed it. I was like, "Man! That seagull must've been sick!"
The co-worker said, "Looks like a giant owl chit!" & started laughing. I didn't think it was funny @ all.
"I thought only seagulls & pigeons could poo while they're flying?" I asked & the guy just kept laughing & walked to his car. I rushed home & didn't just wash my truck once........I washed it 3 times in fear it was Isaac who did it!

So that's pretty much it.............I really think owls are going to show me to my ultimate doom. I have no idea how, when, or where, but something terrible related to owls is going to happen to me. Lately, I've had weird dreams with owls in them, but I have yet to cross paths with Isaac again in the Living Forest. What am I going to do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Uh, yeah. Its a bird. Not going to take you out.

Quit worrying. (that's my professional advice)
Old 08-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Keep thinking that, I had one knock out the grill on a 85 Grand Prix. The thing was on a bridge and just flew into the car.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 PM

Try this......Milk, Flour, 350 degree veggie oil......salt and pepper the flour to taste......

Last edited by fallendown; 08-21-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Built to my standards!

whatch drinkin????
Old 08-22-2009, 06:27 AM

Don't go out at night. And for goodness' sake DO NOT wear your rabbit-skin underdrawers
Old 08-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Banned

I think you should write a book that was a good read
Old 08-22-2009, 04:27 PM
The Screwy HEUI

More help!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 04:33 PM

ask the owl how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop... then punch it right between those big ol' eyes.

Last edited by F350SD; 08-22-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: :)
Old 08-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Are you a Hunter Thompsan fan....I'm thinkin bats here......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.