Ruby Ridge - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ruby Ridge

I'm sitting here this morning recovering from this surgery thing, and watching a show on the National Geographic channel on the events from the Ruby Ridge shootout. I'm wondering what you guys think about this? I have my thoughts, some that I got from a book I read "Unintended Consequences", and some that come from a distrust of the US government

Thoughts.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I watched a video about it in a class I was taking but my teacher was so I dont know how to take it. He also made us watch the Inconvenient Truth
Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well i look at it this way there is no law saying that i cant have a personal arsenal in my house. there are things that the government needs to keep the frickin noses out of. also if they would have let the local police handle this as they had known the people for many years this would not have happend.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 AM

The governer of the state should have ordered the feds out and had the state police, or county sherrif serve warrant on this guy. maybe his family would have been spared execution.....
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 AM

Its a case of the government flexing its muscle in a immature way, and for that, three people died. I really do get worried about how much power THE PEOPLE have given to the government, letting them write laws that coincide with their agenda, and flipping it around when talking to citizens and telling them that the new laws are only to protect them/us, and us believing them
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
Its a case of the government flexing its muscle in a immature way, and for that, three people died. I really do get worried about how much power THE PEOPLE have given to the government, letting them write laws that coincide with their agenda, and flipping it around when talking to citizens and telling them that the new laws are only to protect them/us, and us believing them

well there are only a certain percentage of people that feel that the new laws are there to protect them . Then there are the rest that know better and have a little common sense.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorn1977 View Post
well there are only a certain percentage of people that feel that the new laws are there to protect them . Then there are the rest that know better and have a little common sense.
This is true
Old 08-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Infidel

What did you have surgery for / on?

Ruby Ridge and the branch davidians go hand in hand. The government wanted to flex it's muscles. There were other ways to take these people into custody but the feds wanted to use a strong arm, a reminder to the rest of us to stay in line. I don't think it had the intended effect.

Craig
Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to thunderinms
Oh where do I start? I was in high school then when that happened. I think that knowing what I know now 16(?) years, later, that the revolution should have started then. Lon Horriuchi is still in hiding. He should have been tried for manslaughter at the least, but he is an untouchable, so there you go.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasR.N. View Post
What did you have surgery for / on?

Ruby Ridge and the branch davidians go hand in hand. The government wanted to flex it's muscles. There were other ways to take these people into custody but the feds wanted to use a strong arm, a reminder to the rest of us to stay in line. I don't think it had the intended effect.

Craig
I had an emergency Appendectomy on Friday night

I would like to move to the woods like Randy did, just to get away from the politics that are destroying our country IMHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.