Comcast Cable Company.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I am that hot

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
Thumbs down Comcast Cable Company....

So I am going to rant a little bit. Everything today seems overpriced. I am only 28 but I have a mortgage and all the good stuff and have realized how much I treasure having my pennies.

Comcast Cable here in central jersey is doing this thing with digital cable that is just so unstructured, alteast in my own opinion I think it is.

So this whole dtv thing allows you to go to electronics stores to buy boxes to allow you to get digital cable channels. Comcast has taken it upon themselves to make sure that they created their own Digital Transport Adapters for their own network upgrade. They provide 2 free per account or if you sign up for a new account. In order to get over channel 30 you need this box or a box that has more features.

I had a tivo at home, its 3 years old, it does not have a cable card slot and I have used the thing alot and it is probably one of the most friendly devices I have ever used. That has now become a doorstop, they say now it operates like a vcr and that the box has to be on the channel you want to record in order for tivo to work. So I worked out a deal and got a pvr box free for a year, otherwise its 20 bucks a month which is 7 more than tivo was.... I work very very long odd hours and the nice thing about tivo is that it would do all the work for you, I cant be home to record a show if I am at work, something else they dont want to try and understand.

At work we have 3 tv's in the dispatch room, mostly for news and the like... I get these 2 free boxes and bring them to work, we have always gotten free cable here or something like that because we are part of the county. Well the signal must not be 100% because only half of the channels work digital and the one tv that doesnt have the box has most of the channels working, the ones that dont work say that the tv needs a box...

The people on the phone dont understand anything I am talking about, like its a foreign language to them. They say no matter what every time they send a refresh signal I will get the channels and I really dont ever make headway.

I am sorry for the rant but why is it so easy for me to understand things and the people that are employed at that company just dont get it.

We used to have patriot media that was once RCN that is now comcast, we all looked forward to comcast and now every single person I talk to wishes that we could go back in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Banned

I know how you feel. Comcast has so many outages up here it isn't even funny.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
I cant stand Comcast.. way over priced.. i am considering Dish, but i havent had cable in over a year and dont know if i really want to pay another bill or not.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 AM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
I gots farmer vision and i barely watch it anyway. Who needs cable when you have the internet.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 AM
I am that hot

Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
If it wasnt for my brother I dont think I would have the internet, I use it at work so much I am sick of it lol, with the exception of this site... Every 6 months I make my brother call and pretend to be me and get the price down again, he puts on a pretty good show about how hard it is these days to pay bills.... I would consider the dish but I just dont forsee paying all that money and losing tv in a storm like some of my buddies do.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
we rarely have any storms here that would knock the signal out on Dish or direct tv. my neighbor has it and hasnt had a single issue. i want it mainly for my kids, they whine about no cable constantly.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:03 AM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
we rarely have any storms here that would knock the signal out on Dish or direct tv. my neighbor has it and hasnt had a single issue. i want it mainly for my kids, they whine about no cable constantly.
Do you just tell them to be quiet before you give them something to whine about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.