Lost My Best Friend Today: "We'll Miss You Butch---RIP" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lost My Best Friend Today: "We'll Miss You Butch---RIP"

I know most people really don't want to hear stories that puts a damper on their day, but I just wanted a little support from my friends here on the .Org. A few hours ago, my dog Butch was killed by a car. My wife had brought him with her to pick up my son in CT, & @ the gas station, he jumped out of the car while she was getting gas & he ran into the intersection. On top of being filled with the utmost of sadness, I feel furious rage @ the same time. I don't know why I'm feeling so angry. I don't know if I'm mad @ my wife, the person who hit Butch, or @ God. He was only a baby. He would've been 2 in December. I'm going to miss him dearly. I know when people's dogs pass on, they say "He or she was the best dog in the world". Well.....to me, Butch was the best dog in the world. He was a great companion, fun to play with, & great with little kids. Here's some tidbits on Butch:

My wife & I wanted a dog when we moved into our new house last year. We went to the pet store & looked around. Most of the dogs were just a couple of weeks old & they had the typical variety. In one of the kennels by himself, there was a little black purebred Scottish Terrier. We found out he was the oldest dog in the pet store, about 5mo old. One of the pet store workers said she thinks nobody wanted him because he had a wicked kink @ the end of his tail. On top of that, he seemed lazy & lethargic like he had just woke up from a coma. The more my wife held him, the more she was falling in love with him. Me; I thought I was strictly a "big dog" person & was kind of against getting a little Scotty....but before I knew it, we were bringing our newest addition to the family home.

The people @ the pet store were calling him "Scotty" for the past couple of months. We thought it was stupid(as I can't stand ironic names for pets; like naming a Dalmation "Spot") & were trying to come up with something that fit him. We just came up with anything that came to mind & somehow "Butch" fit him perfect like a hand-in-glove.

I didn't like him the 1st day, but by the end of the week, I loved him. He was rough & tumble & could play like a big dog. He got into this attack where he'd run around the couch 100mph, bite your & then run again. We used to call it the "chew-&-screw". He used to go crazy when he saw other animals on TV, sometimes would wine & sometimes would watch animal shows with us with his head tilted. He chewed @ least 6 pairs of my wife's shoes. When he'd play bite, you could hear his teeth make an audible "CHOMP", & you could hear the same thing when he tried chasing his tail. You could lay him on his back while you watched TV & he'd just fall asleep right in your arms.

Yes, today's one of the saddest days of my life; I've lost a close family member & as of now, it feels like it'll take forever to get over it. I'm gonna miss that little guy. "We love you, Butch, & we will miss you dearly.......Rest In Peace"

Here's a few pics of Butch:

Butch a couple of weeks after we got him.

Playing in the snow last winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Im sorry for you loss Cory
Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sorry to hear, Cory. I'm sure he was one of the family and he will be missed
Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to BIGBILL105 45
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine loosing my dog.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Sorry to hear about Butch. I'm 54 and have lost a lot of pets and family members. The pain will ease with time but you will never forget 'em. Don't let this come between you and your wife. Even if she did make a mistake, things happen and it is much nore important that ya'll work thru this immediately. Don't make her suffer for what may have been a careless mistake. Make it right with her. My advice would be NOW.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am so sorry Cory. I can only imagine the pain.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
dang, that sucks bud.. sorry to hear about it...
Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cory, what a bummer.

Dogs don't seem like much til you've had them for a while and they're gone, then you realize what they really DO mean.

As has been said before, unconditional love for their master. Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sorry 4 ur loss...itz hard 2 lose them...they are a family member !!!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sorry to hear that Cory, it's been a bad week for looking 'mans best friend'. Time heals all wounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.