Insurance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Insurance

Who do you guys go thru for the best deal and good overall coverage on your trucks? I am with State Farm and they are charging WAY too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to that. Just depends on your situation, your state, and about 400000 other variables. I will say this, be very weary of the SUPER cheap premiums. Yeah it would be sweet to go form 200 a month to 50 BUT get in a wreck and that cut rate stuff will leave you stuck. "oh sorry, thats not in your policy" or "ohhh, you were wrecked at 7:54, that ends in a n even number, had it been an odd number, you would be covered!" (okay not THAT crazy, but you get my idea)

I have nationwide, 23y/o, had a few oops back in my younger years, and I just went DOWN to 180 a month for full coverage. Good luck! The best I can recommend is beat the phones up and if it sounds too good to be true... IT IS!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM

I agree with the above post.

I also have St. Farm. Yes it is higher than others out there, but at the same time, I have had to use them 3 times. Each time they were more than fair IMO. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonStroker View Post
Who do you guys go thru for the best deal and good overall coverage on your trucks? I am with State Farm and they are charging WAY too much.
Geico was the best deal for me. Just make sure that when you compare quotes that the amount of coverage is the same or you will be comparing apples and oranges.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:55 AM

In the same boat, but with Allstate. I am getting great rates from Farmers insur.. My biggest problem is my 19yr old son makes a big differance in rates.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM

I use Shelter for all of mine. We get top tier discounts because of the volume of insurance I carry. I have 5 vehicles, 2 boats, a house, other property, and a general liability umbrella policy for less than Erik pays for his truck insurance. He can get the same deal in about another 20 years with responsible behavior and structured planning.

Insurance is gambling. If you reduce your risk exposure, they reduce the premiums. Differing ZIP codes will have differing rates even when all else is the same. Miles driven per year is a big factor and it is somewhat offset by the number of accident free miles you have driven.

Pick a reputable company with a local agent you can count on and stick with them.

Ask to be rerated at least once a year or whenever circumstances change.

Lastly, be sure you understand your coverages. Nothing worse than somebody ripping off your aftermarket radio only to discover that they only cover factory installed accessories.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitsno View Post
In the same boat, but with Allstate. I am getting great rates from Farmers insur.. My biggest problem is my 19yr old son makes a big differance in rates.
Man, tell me about it. They want an extra $150 month to add my grandson and he has to be rated on all of ourr vehicles. My agent said I would be better of to get him his own policy so it wouldn't affect ours when he totals out whatever he ends up driving.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkerley View Post
I use Shelter for all of mine. We get top tier discounts because of the volume of insurance I carry. I have 5 vehicles, 2 boats, a house, other property, and a general liability umbrella policy for less than Erik pays for his truck insurance.
I use these smilies because, unlike another forum I visit, there are no smilies giving you the FINGER!!! lol j/k
Glad someone is getting a good deal. The fact that I have ins through WV (one of the most expensive states) also doesn't help
Old 08-09-2009, 06:07 PM

ya ive had to use state farm a couple times. someone keyed the chit out of my truck a couple summers ago and they paid for a new paint job. im about to turn 25 at the end of the month so it should go down a bit. im paying 160 a mo for pretty good coverage. guess im getting a pretty good deal.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Infidel

USAA has always been good to us.
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.