New toy well new to me. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!
 
sawyer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Great Falls, MONTANA
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New toy well new to me.







Its a yzf 426 with big bore kit gonna be a blast...woot.woot

-Sawyer-
USAF COP!!



2000 F-250 Lariat, 142,000mi automatic trans.
SOLD SOLD
New rig 2006 dodge cummins mega cab
sawyer1 is offline  
post #2 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Premium Member
 
stroken04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Shawnee, OK
Posts: 4,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweet! looks like alot of fun
stroken04 is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: America
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
426's are fun bikes.
2005F250 is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!
 
sawyer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Great Falls, MONTANA
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
426's are fun bikes.
Yeah once i learned how to start this beast.

-Sawyer-
USAF COP!!



2000 F-250 Lariat, 142,000mi automatic trans.
SOLD SOLD
New rig 2006 dodge cummins mega cab
sawyer1 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: America
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer1 View Post
Yeah once i learned how to start this beast.
You have the compression release. It's that plastic black lever above the clutch. Here's the process. I bet when your kicking it it gets stuck at Top Dead Center? Well thats because there is to much compression to make it go any futher. Well once it gets to top dead center pull the compression release and just slightly push down on the kick starter until you feel the piston start to go down. As soon as you feel it go release the compression release and the give it a good kick. You'll have to do this everytime the piston goes TDC. If it's not starting then hold the compression release and give it about 5 good kicks to clear the cylinder.
2005F250 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: America
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Also to that bike has the HOT START on the carb. Hot Start is the red knob and you use that to get the bike going if you've been running it hard and it won't start. On my YZ450F I need to use it almost everytime but I think the 426's doesn't need it as often.
2005F250 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!
 
sawyer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Great Falls, MONTANA
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
You have the compression release. It's that plastic black lever above the clutch. Here's the process. I bet when your kicking it it gets stuck at Top Dead Center? Well thats because there is to much compression to make it go any futher. Well once it gets to top dead center pull the compression release and just slightly push down on the kick starter until you feel the piston start to go down. As soon as you feel it go release the compression release and the give it a good kick. You'll have to do this everytime the piston goes TDC. If it's not starting then hold the compression release and give it about 5 good kicks to clear the cylinder.
Thanks man, yeah i had to find a good forum cause i was just wearing myself even using the com release turned out that the plug was fouled. So now using the technique you described above it will usually start in one or two kicks. Thanks though its alot of fun now.

-Sawyer-
USAF COP!!



2000 F-250 Lariat, 142,000mi automatic trans.
SOLD SOLD
New rig 2006 dodge cummins mega cab
sawyer1 is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: America
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer1 View Post
Thanks man, yeah i had to find a good forum cause i was just wearing myself even using the com release turned out that the plug was fouled. So now using the technique you described above it will usually start in one or two kicks. Thanks though its alot of fun now.
If you have anymore ?'s just ask or PM
2005F250 is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!
 
sawyer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Great Falls, MONTANA
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
If you have anymore ?'s just ask or PM
I appreciate it and prolly will do this is my first dirtbike. Im hoping to get decent on it and do some hare scrambles next year. hopefully i can ride this winter if it doesnt snow to much. How many miles can you go on a tank on your 450?

-Sawyer-
USAF COP!!



2000 F-250 Lariat, 142,000mi automatic trans.
SOLD SOLD
New rig 2006 dodge cummins mega cab
sawyer1 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 11-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: America
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer1 View Post
I appreciate it and prolly will do this is my first dirtbike. Im hoping to get decent on it and do some hare scrambles next year. hopefully i can ride this winter if it doesnt snow to much. How many miles can you go on a tank on your 450?
Can't really give you an awnser on that. Usually we'll just check the fuel while out on a ride and we usually head back once it gets low. It's usually a 2 to 2 1/2 hour ride with a couple of breaks.
2005F250 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome