Saint Anthony Sand Dunes, Idaho - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Saint Anthony Sand Dunes, Idaho

Hey All! I'll be camping at the BLM campground (Egin Lakes) at the Saint Anthony sand dunes (Idaho) this weekend. If anyone is interested in riding with me and my family (we have motorcycles and 4-wheelers) let me know. Bring your toys out and come play. Or take a swim in the lake with us!

Anyway, PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested! Oh yeah, we can talk (BS) about our trucks!

Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Conservative and Proud

Hope you had a great time!!! I, unfortunately, won't be going back there until I have a 4-stroke.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 AM

What do you have now? What type of 2-stroke did you have when you went - A banshee?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda33 View Post
What do you have now? What type of 2-stroke did you have when you went?
Same bike I have now.... a Banshee..... couldn't get the jetting right and then my fuel tank pressurized, clear back by Choke Cherry.... it was just a mess. Not to mention the huge hail/sand/wind storm, wow that was fun, NOT!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 AM

Your Banchee in your gallery looks like it would be great at the dunes! Does it have an extended swing arm?

We all rode 4-strokes, but for the sand I would love to have a Banshee! When they have the right pipes they sould like a swarm of mad bees!

Choke Cherry was nice and smooth this weekend (except for the runway part). It was difficult to get up the hill because the sand was so dry.

I've got caught in a down pour coming back from Choke Cherry and it was not fun. It felt like I was getting shot with an automatic paint ball gun!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda33 View Post
Your Banchee in your gallery looks like it would be great at the dunes! Does it have an extended swing arm?

We all rode 4-strokes, but for the sand I would love to have a Banshee! When they have the right pipes they sould like a swarm of mad bees!

Choke Cherry was nice and smooth this weekend (except for the runway part). It was difficult to get up the hill because the sand was so dry.

I've got caught in a down pour coming back from Choke Cherry and it was not fun. It felt like I was getting shot with an automatic paint ball gun!
Oh it is great in the sand but since I couldn't get the jetting right over there it ran like complete crap.

But just got back from Florence and had a great time! And yep it's got a 4'' extended, had to keep it someone short since I go to China Hat too!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 AM

Jetting is why I don't ride anywhere under 5000 feet in elevation . My WR450 is so hard to get to the jets.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey Banshee have you heard of power jets. It allows you to go up or down without the need for changing jets. They are a little tough at first to tune if your bike is modded but once you get the main jet right you can tune really easily. If you bike is stock or k&N and pipes it will be really easy to get the main jet right.

P.S. ST. Anthony's is the greatest place on earth. When i die i will be buried there!!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzduner450 View Post
Hey Banshee have you heard of power jets. It allows you to go up or down without the need for changing jets. They are a little tough at first to tune if your bike is modded but once you get the main jet right you can tune really easily. If you bike is stock or k&N and pipes it will be really easy to get the main jet right.

P.S. ST. Anthony's is the greatest place on earth. When i die i will be buried there!!
I'll have to do some research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.