Glamis bound baby!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 04:38 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Glamis bound baby!!

Heading out right now!!!! Gonna be in wash 2, anyone else going to be there??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nope and just found out that our next trip won't be until early December... My wife's sister is coming out and ruining Thanksgiving for us.

Have fun and be safe! When you get back, we expect some pics!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Serving Our Country!

Dang what a buzzkill!!! And you bet! Should be a good weekend out here, a nice breeze and clear skies =D
Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My dream forever has been to take the YFZ out there for a couple weeks of riding. it's a 33 hour drive If I was to go with my baby. Became a member of "Brotherhood of the Slap" through glamis dunes.c forums. One day i'll get there for the experience.
Be safe and keep the rubber side down
Old 11-16-2013, 01:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm soo jealous I have to miss the entire season!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Serving Our Country!

Just got back, I got some good pics and a helluva story, but I'm exhausted, till tomorrow....
The Following User Says Thank You to 6.0newb! For This Useful Post:
ATV PRO 11 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 05:23 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Waiting..........

Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Serving Our Country!

jetjock, why do you have to miss the whole season?? that sucks! oh and in another thread you said you had a rail... lets see some pics!! maybe ive seen you out there before!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
He's back east due to being in the military.

So, where are these pics and what's the story???
Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Serving Our Country!

well the trip was interesting... showed up about 9am and it was beautiful! slight breeze, and just perfect! so unload all the quads and start setting up camp. we have 5 quads, 4 of which are electric start (mine is a kick start) and they all have dead batteries, awesome. so jump them all off my truck and inflate all the tires and now im ready to get my quad fired up to go on a ride. well, as soon as i turn the gas pet**** on, gas comes out of all the vent hoses, sweet! so i go to the glamis beach store and pick up some carb cleaner (this is important later in the story). once my dad and i step out of the store, we saw this huge brown wall coming our way (sand storm), so we come flying back to the trailer and close everything up. we put my quad back in the trailer to work on it, so i take the carb off, and got the float un-stuck, put it all back together, and go for a test ride once the wind died down a little. quad runs great, cool right? wrong, the air/fuel mixture screw loosened itself and fell off so quad wasnt running quite right and was getting freakin hot! so by now im pretty pissed and decide to go on a big dune ride on a different quad. so of course that was fun. then saturday comes and i head into el centro to go to imperial sand sports store and pick up a new air/fuel mixture screw.] and head back, about a 2 hour trip. get back, slap it in and go to oldsmobile hill with everyone. ran the hill about 7 times and was currently the fastest guy at the hill then i saw a tricked out banshee running up the hill beating everyone so i figured i would join in, well i lost 3 times by just a half bike length oh well, there is always gonna be someone faster so i was happy with my title for a few minutes headed back to camp, and soon later headed out for another big dune ride, which was great! came back right before the sun fell, shot off some fireworks, huge fire, liquid courage and bbq chicken. sunday comes and go to the vendors, little bit of duning then back to camp to pack up. everything goes smooth and we hit the road. we get about a half mile from the brawley bypass and my truck's gas pedal got mushy for a lack of better words. i look in my mirror and hit the gas, black smoke and i didnt hear the turbo light. so i get to the light, turn right onto the bypass, and immediately pull to the side of the road. so first thing that comes to mind is great, i dont want to spend the night in brawley and miss work on monday, and not to mention it could cost a lot. so i check out my cts and pull the codes, one is a p0404 and another i dont remember, so i come on here on my phone, search the code in the search bar and it says the egr valve is clogged....hmmmm can it be that simple?? well, my dad and i pull the egr valve, and sure enough, that sucker is CLOGGED!!! so i again look on here for the best way to clean it, and what do you know, the carb cleaner i bought just a few days ago for my quad is going to get me back on the road! so cleaned it all off with a wire brush and carb cleaner, slapped it back in and the truck runs perfect, and no problems all the way home. so thank you all for the helpfull posts on here cause it got me home, when i thought i was going to be stuck 3 hours away! my dad, and i, were both very surprised that it was that simple of a fix, just crazy! so that was my weekend, ill try and get some pics up soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.