Ride Report - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Conservative and Proud

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ride Report

I actually posted this on our atv forum for the northwest.... but thought I would share with ya'll! I'll try to find some pics of the area to so it makes more sense!

Arrived at Goosepasture about 9 am Saturday morning (plenty of parking and t-shirt weather already!)…. Unloaded and were ready to go!

Rode trails to the west and eventually came out at the north end of the flats (covered in water), so we had to ride clear down (almost) to the Driftwood whoop road to get across.

Lil bro (airbox) takes off to try out his new chit! 2nd top, 3rd top, 4th top, DIED! I was on it at this point as well and noticed him standing (not sitting) and looking rather perplexed!

Pulled over to where he was and you could see the skid marks in the sand from when it locked up.

He could not get it to fire.

I noticed a quad coming down the flats with a child on a quad too…to my dismay it was a Banshee and a little 80 and I’m thinking well crud, we really need a UTE! The guy rode over and shut his bike off and asked, “Need a tow?” Both Jeff and I looked at him like YES! He said “I know that look!!!” as he was getting off his bike, popping the seat and pulled out a tow strap.

So we figured it would be easiest to tow Jeff to where this guy was parked at the Driftwood Beach day use area and I would get back to my truck, load up and then drive to where they were. No prob right?

So I haul you know what to the north end of the flats and when I needed to slow down to hit the loose sand, I couldn’t downshift! Yep you can just imagine the words I was saying! So…… stuck in 6th gear I hit the second flat heading north and pray I can make it.

Let me tell ya….. 6th gear through the whoop road was a little sketchy but much better with the new swingarm! BARELY made it up the first little hill out of the whoops and blah it died.

Cussing under my breath I TRIED to get it to GO in 6th but it just wasn’t going to happen. Messed with the shifter and finally noticed a cap screw loose and under the shifter not allowing it to shift. Climbed up the next dune hoping someone would see me.

Here came a UTE!!! (NOTE: Banshee did not get towed!). One of their group ran back to Goosepasture to get tools. Took a bit to break the bolts on the peg loose (had threadlocker on those) but we got it finally! Got the cap screw tightened up and they sent me on my way!

I got to the truck and thank goodness there were two guys right there working on a Kawi, I asked for help and they immediately got my bike loaded for me and again I was on my way.

We left Florence about noon. At least we got over an hour of riding in! AND on a great note, the sand was awesome and so was the weather.

Now….. If any of those wonderful people happen to see this……THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! Never in a million years could I imagine receiving that much help in one day from so many different people! (aside from our group when we ride together).

I think I can honestly say that this sport is truly blessed with giving and caring people!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Power Strokeaholic

sounds like you had a much trouble as you did fun. but i'm sure the fun out wieghed the trouble right? i was having some fun too till i flipped the quad in the pond and slide in the mud acroosed a bunch of glass. that tore up my arm pretty good. but i'd do it again. you should come on out to OH and go muddin with us some time.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Conservative and Proud

Whoaaaa, are you ok? stitches??????

Ride my Shee in mud?? Are you crazy???
Old 06-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Power Strokeaholic

yeah i'm fine. no stitches. this time. had a few strongly mixed margarita's (dont laugh) and more than a few beer's (but not drunk) so i didnt really feel it till the next morning. whats wrong with mud? it washes off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.