Looking for a new sled - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for a new sled

I'm currently in the market for a new sled. Have been looking at the Arcticcat 800 snow pro and the Skidoo summit 800. Anyone have any input on these or any other new mountain sleds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've got an M8 ( 07, 08). Very fun! Like trucks though, brand wars happen. I've ridden the other 2 and I prefer the feel and handling of The cats.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM

Re: Looking for a new sled

I would say best new mountain sleds are the 13 Polaris pro rmk and skidoo summit.
I'm gonna pull the trigger on a new pro rmk 800 next week. I got a dealer to come $3000 off msrp. It will be a nice upgrade from my 06 skidoo summit 800

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-15-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce View Post
I'm currently in the market for a new sled. Have been looking at the Arcticcat 800 snow pro and the Skidoo summit 800. Anyone have any input on these or any other new mountain sleds?
I know its not snowmobile season anymore but have you picked out your new machine yet?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:34 PM

I snowchecked a 2014 m8 ltd es black/white! always been a cat guy.. almost ordered a 163 xm but I stuck with the guns I know and trust, after my flawless 2010 and 2012 cat I figured id stick with them again
Old 06-15-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
I snowchecked a 2014 m8 ltd es black/white! always been a cat guy.. almost ordered a 163 xm but I stuck with the guns I know and trust, after my flawless 2010 and 2012 cat I figured id stick with them again
By xm Im guessing you mean a ski doo summit 163? I bought a 2012 ski doo renegade 137 with the 800 etec and I have no complaints. its not the fastest sled in the world but I bought it for playin in the powder and hill climbing (no big enough hills for a mountain sled in my area). Also I go 2-3 rides per fill up and my buddies that don't have ski doo etecs are usually filling up every ride. 340 problem free miles so far and about 90% of that is ditch and powder. Either way im pretty sure with any new sled your gonna get something reliable unless you manage to get a lemon. There is always a lemon out of the bunch and snowmobiles are just like cars and truck, everyone has their preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.