Need to vent! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
one day at a time

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need to vent!

Stupid ******* people shouldn't drive... Period.

About 3 o'clock this afternoon my wife hopped in my ranger pick up to run to the dollar store before I had to leave for work. I'm at home with 3 kids getting ready to go and she's just got a quick errand to run. A few minutes after she left I heard my phone ringing so naturally I answer it. It's some guy telling me that my wife has been in an accident and the ambulance was on the way... He tells me my pick up is totalled. So naturally I tell him quite bluntly that I don't give a "heck" (not the exact word but you get my meaning) about the truck but asked him how my wife was. He says she's ok, just pretty bumped up and sore. Her knee and her back hurt.

I get off the phone with this guy and call the mother in law. Luckily she answered and I told her to come over right away so I could go out to the accident and to the hospital. She shows a few minutes later and I drive out to the scene. I about chit when I see the truck and them extricating my wife out of it. There was a small amount of damage on the rear end of the truck, but the worst thing to see was the fact that she tagged a steel pole head on with it. There was a V shape depression all the way to the engine block. Airbags deployed, back window smashed out from my toolbox which by the way was laying in the field 25 yards away... Hard hit.

A few of the bystanders told me that my wife was slowed down on the highway to turn in to the parking lot when a toyota tundra hit her from behind. That put her in to a spin knocking her across the drive and in to the pole. Stupid azz guy wasn't paying attention and didn't notice her brake in front of him and piled right in to her. Must have been a hell of a hit to accelerate her in the ranger probably 50' across the drive and in to the pole.

What can I say I'm rather pissed tonight... One good piece of news is seat belts definitely save lives folks. That and the airbags. She went to the ER and got checked out with nothing more than a bunch of bumps and bruises. Her back hurts, her knee is all swollen and her right thigh is painful, probably strained or something. But that's it. No broken bones, no concussion, etc... Very fortunate. If you would have seen the truck you'd have thought worse.

So now we've got to get through the next couple of days of soreness... I've got to deal with the other guys insurance to pay for the truck and then I've got to go shopping for another work truck. What a pain in the azz... I understand accidents will happen but it really pisses me off when someone has their head up their azz and damn near puts my wife in a world of hurt. Just glad she was wearing that seat belt. It definitely saved her a whole bunch of hurt...

I need a drink..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow. Im glad the wife is ok though.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Damn, sorry to hear that Kurt Hope she makes a speedy recovery
Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glad to hear she's ok man trucks are replacable, your wife isnt.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
one day at a time

Thanks guys. She'll be ok with a couple days rest. I'm just still wound up about it. Never had one of those calls before, the one where they tell you something bad happened to someone you love. That sucks...
Old 12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Thanks guys. She'll be ok with a couple days rest. I'm just still wound up about it. Never had one of those calls before, the one where they tell you something bad happened to someone you love. That sucks...
So, did you punch the guy when you saw him? I probably would have. I understand that chit happens but good god......
Old 12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad She OK, The rest is just nut and bolts.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear about this glad she did'nt get hurt!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So, did you punch the guy when you saw him? I probably would have. I understand that chit happens but good god......
Nah... By the time I got there when they were getting her out all I wanted to do was talk to her and tell her not to worry about anything. The other guy and his wife were sitting in their truck in the parking lot. I didn't give them the time of day. I dug through her purse to give the cop her ID and insurance card while they loaded her up. I gave her a kiss on the forehead in the back of the ambulance and told her I'd meet her at the hospital. Ran back to the house to make sure my mother in law was good with the kids and tell my oldest that Mommy was going to be ok, then I took off for the ER to meet up with my wife. I didn't even stick around to get her drivers license back. I'll have to get it back tomorrow.

We're small town Iowa here... We know the cop, know the EMT's and fire fighters who showed up with rescue. Everybody knows my wife and I. That's the way I like it. The driver of the toyota however wasn't local. Not sure who he is... I'm not too pissed at him anymore. Might be the fact that I've had a few drinks tonight after everyone went to bed...

Everyone screws up now and then. God knows I've made more than my share of mistakes. At least my wife is ok and there's nothing more to worry about than some bumps, bruises, and a few days of feeling sore. It's not like the guy that hit her was drunk or something. I'm sure he feels terrible about the whole thing himself...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
Jeez that really sucks man. Hope she is doing ok and makes a quick recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.