mud bog - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off Road Motorsports ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Everything OffRoad

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Hate stupid people

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question mud bog

a local fire dept. is having a festival that they call "Redneck Games"....but i'm just going to enter the truck in the mud bog to see how good its going to do ( if any) i'm looking for advice on how to protect the motor, radiator etc. me and some guys are going to be bolting rubber under the motor bay to protect anything we can, anyone else got any suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Skid plates are the best advice. Rubber might rip to easily and cause more harm than its worth
Old 07-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Hate stupid people

Thanks Dave, i just found out about it a couple of days ago, so i haven't had enough time to make any plates, but its on my to do list (that list is geting big)
Old 07-25-2009, 07:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to powerstroakford
rubber is fine but u want to bolt it on the frunt bumper and hang down to the ground....try to find a old peice of convayer belt or something along those lines....the low side is ur friend in a event like this bc u prob aint got the 4.56 gears or so yet to get the wheels spining FAST......and rember always check ur dif and transfer case fluids after playin in mud(even if its thick and not soupy)
Old 07-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Hate stupid people

yes sir, i am going to bolt the rubber under neath, and i already have plenty of convayer belt because of our local coalmine gave us alot....i already have my diff. fluids baught and ready to change out after i'm done....and i alreayd have an appointment after the weekend to get my t-case fluids changed
Old 07-25-2009, 07:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to powerstroakford
ok....but just like a 2-3 foot wide peice of ruber going off the bumper to the ground will help float the frunt end a lil in the mud and keep ur engin clean for the most part...just make sure all of ur bost tubes are good, tight, and secure and that u have a good air filter bc i dont think they make a mud/dirt/dust friendly turbo yet..and these mud bogs can be very adictive...i can rember building 4-5G motors and blowing them up just to build another motor to be ready to weeks later.....i wish i would have saved more money then blowing it playin in the mud....

if u have any questions feal free to IM me.....yahoo= southern_boy_9404 aim= powerstroakford and if u would like to talk send me a PM and il send u back my cell #
Old 07-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Hate stupid people

thanks for the help, i'm going to take your advice and bolt a piece that will hand down to ground...then i may just put another piece under my front of the motor to protect the radiator and such
Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Hate stupid people

well i was able to hang enough rubber under the motor compartment to keep most of the mud out of the bay...i gave the girlfriend the camera and said make sure to record my pass, well she forgot to turn it on so she missed it!!!! i wish i could have got some pics of the truck in action but it didn't work out...only took 4 hours of powerwashing the truck to get it almost clean again
Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like a great time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.