Moving to Williston - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Moving to Williston

So me and a buddy are moving to Williston this Sunday night or monday morning to go work on the oil rigs. I was just wondering if any of ya guys lived in that area? It's gonna be a great adventure lol taking my pickup with a camper on it and gonna live in that camper in a wal mart parking lot till we can get an apartment, it's bout 1000 miles and 16 hours from here lol so I got two questions, one is if any of y'all live in that area and the second one I'm gonna wait to ask till I know if anyone lives around there or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Been up here since March living is Sidney,MT. Housing is at a premium. I am paying $1500 a month for a mid seventies mobile home rental. A there are a lot of nice people up here but be prepared to pay out the wazoo for most everything. Some businesses know you have no where else to shop. Done tons of mail order here.

What rig are you on? Most drilling companies provide housing.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:11 AM

I live in Williston. Born and raised. Like the other guy said who you planning on working for? If you can get a job with a company that provides housing I would definately do it. The waiting lists for apartments is ridiculous and you are gonna pay a ton for them.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:45 AM

Ya we're starting at Case tomorrow as mechanics and they're gonna provide housing with all the benefits and all that good stuff, we've been living in this little camper since we moved here and it ain't bad but its getting kinda old. The town ain't too bad, kinda boring unless your 21 lol
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 PM

I drive truck in the oil field. Started on an Ensign rig.....did that for a while and then decided to drive. Anyway, I get through there fairly often. I've slept in the Wallyworld lot in my rig but I usually park at a well. Quiet and with the flares kinda romantic...lol Anyway, I think it sucks but the money is retarded.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-5spd-powerstroke View Post
Ya we're starting at Case tomorrow as mechanics and they're gonna provide housing with all the benefits and all that good stuff, we've been living in this little camper since we moved here and it ain't bad but its getting kinda old. The town ain't too bad, kinda boring unless your 21 lol
Living in close quarters like that with another guy would really suck.
What is the housing like?

sent from ^^^ his phone with jedi mind tricks
Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Premium Member

alwil you know what the houseing is like you are oil field and work in nd rember we worked to gether lol. no man camp life is not great unless you can get a catered camp were they cook for you and have maids for the rooms but i would try and get an appatment if anyone is thinking of comeing here to work and i am close to here i live in minot nd
Old 05-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm working and staying in Watford City, ND. We have a cabin, but the rent is insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.