any good 7.3 mechs in eastern nc - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
any good 7.3 mechs in eastern nc

alright heres the scoop guys, my truck is in MD right now where i left it when i deployed. when i came back i believed that i had a bad HPOP or a bad ipr. i scored a deal on a 17* pump and an ipr so i just changed it all. as soon as i changed it the EBVP valve started to work. I never seen it work before. But it wound up sticking. so then i upluged it, made sure it was open all the way and every safty wired the valve all the way open. Well now the truck runs good, but the EGTs are through the roof. Before i changed the pump, as in when i drove the truck to the farm, cruising the egts would be at 500 going 60mph. Now the truck is at 1100 at 60mph, and that is babying it trying to keep the egts down. Im not hearing the valve shut anymore, and it should be held open all the way. I cant find anybody here in MD to help me out, because i have NO CLUE what is wrong with the truck now. It has stock injectors and it is NOT chipped. So im clueless, im going to drive the truck very gently down to NC and keep the egts as close to 1000 as i can, even if i have to drive 45mph the hole way. So where are the guys that are good with 7.3s that are around eastern NC, now i dont mind driving a few hours away on a weekend if i can figure something out with this. Please somebody help with some ideas or point me in the right direction. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 01:25 PM

Old 01-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Welcome to the ORG!

Talk to David at Morehead city FORD, he is the lead Mech, Or You could take it to Coastal diesel In New Bern and talk with Jim Hendrix he is the service manager. jim@coastaldiesel.net
Both of these shops are good.
There is one in Newport too Auto Care of Newport just past the ABC store on the right, heading toward Morehead!
And Thanks for your service to our country! look me up when ya get here! I drive this.....
Attached Thumbnails
any good 7.3 mechs in eastern nc-picture-102.jpg  
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
If you can get it Winston/Salem, Check out Trucks Unlimited. I would trust Scuffy828 with my life. He also works at a dealership there as well as owning his own shop.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Cynic

Drive it to Trucks Unlimited as mentioned above....

Or drive it to Fort Worth!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:24 PM

well im going to dig into it again tommorow. the only thing i changed was the HPOP and the IPR. so im going to put the 15* in with the new IPR and see what that does. hopefully my egts will lower from that, but idk why they would have rose in the first place. then i guess ill have to get the 17* tested or something. Hopefully it will be better tommorow, ill keep you guys posted.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPro87 View Post
well im going to dig into it again tommorow. the only thing i changed was the HPOP and the IPR. so im going to put the 15* in with the new IPR and see what that does. hopefully my egts will lower from that, but idk why they would have rose in the first place. then i guess ill have to get the 17* tested or something. Hopefully it will be better tommorow, ill keep you guys posted.
it does seem weird, cause i wouldn't think those changes would make that big a deal with egt's? how long before you got to drive it down here?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 PM

what kind of boost #s are you seeing? is it possable that when you took everything out of the way for the hpop replacement that a you cut a intake boot or left one lose. I know there's no IC but dot the OBS still have the intake plenum boots? I blew off a IC boot and had some serious high EGTs until I got her back home "about 2 miles"

EDIT: I see you have a IC check all those boots also..
Old 01-26-2009, 05:07 AM

i havent installed the intercooler yet. its on the to do list. im only seeing 12lbs or so, nothing crazy its not chiped or anything yet.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Emergency Services

im in kinston not to far away give me a call ill pm you my number
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.