Finally got my topper rig'd up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally got my topper rig'd up

Thought I'd pass along this pic.. finally got my topper installed last week, what a difference!

Century/Leonard tall type cap w/gray/black carpeted interior.
Also installed a bedrug and a click a clack couch/lounger/sleeper in the back as well.

put in a multi port 7 to 5 to 4 w/2 cigarrette lighter 12v accessory plugs in the 5th wheel bed recepticle... so now I can run a small 12v fridge, laptop and or DVD player for them over-nighter fishin/huntin trips and be in comfort!!

Let me know what ya think! If you spot me runnin' on 87 around Sanford or 421 N to Gboro and 40 to/from Winston-Salem,, drop me a shout on the radio (Handle - Size 9)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Looks good and comfortable in there man
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Premium Member

Looks great!! Nice and clean.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Campers are awesome - I remember throwing a mattress in the back of our 70's Ford pickup with a camper shell and riding to Colorado in it! Now day's people freak out over that stuff, but those are some of my funnest memories!

Looks good and comfy!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

good looking job and cap hey where did you get it and what, if ya dont mind me asking, did it cost? ive been wanting to get 1 for the winter for snowboarding trips and what not....
Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Infidel

Looks nice
Craig
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by codman02 View Post
good looking job and cap hey where did you get it and what, if ya dont mind me asking, did it cost? ive been wanting to get 1 for the winter for snowboarding trips and what not....
Hey Codman... sorry I havent replied sooner... gettin ready to road trip to Fla from NC here soon and have been ball's to the wall at work...

I ordered the cap thru local dealer (Fayetteville NC), there's only 2 local cap dealers worth a spit here local for me. It took exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered it to the day they installed it on the truck.

Pix dont do it justice.. but the paint matched to a T!!

it's a Leonard Cap made by Century Truck Caps - here's the link:
Century Fiberglass, Inc. | T-CLASS Fiberglass Truck Caps

it's the T-class for my super duty. The option I got was the carpet interior (which for an extra $80 I highly recommend) and I left off the options for front slider window (dont need it and truck cab has solid rear glass anyway.. I'm use to using mirrors.. so seeing out of the back isnt a big deal and saved a extra $150 - which I spent on the VR3 rear camera system - $89 at Wally world - works excellent).

I paid $1,300 complete/installed including mounts and foam/sealer for the bottom railing and wiring of the 3rd brake light and 12v power accsy to the inside rear bulkhead for the VR3 camera.

Thanx for the positive comments.. my youngin's love it!!! and it's great for a temp place to sleep while on the road without havin to spend money on a motel.. throw in a 12v fridge, the laptop and a port-a-potty and we "Truckin"!

Oh... the couch in the back is a 'Click-a-clack' that can be found at Big Lot's.
I got lucky and they had a scratch N dent couch (the one you see in the truck) for $150!!! I couldnt turn it down... It's a couch, that can transform into a lounger or fold flat into a sleeper bed deal. I took the legs off it and installed industrial velcro to the metal post pads (4 in x 6 in) in each corner and that holds it really well to the bed rug.. doesnt slide at all.
Measured out at 74 inches in length and just over 48 inches wide which fit between the wheel well's easily with a inch and a half or so to spare for room.
The couch itself is actually black.. that's a brown removeable cover that can be washed and replaced (just velcro'd on)

I've added battery powered swivel type LED lights ($12 a 3 pack at Big Lot's), a Carbon monoxide detector ($40 at Wally world), one of them fancy see-thru humidity/air temp-inside/outside thermometers, the 7/5/4 way and dual 12v cig lighter adaptor plug and installed a 2.1 surround sound subwoofer and 2 satalite remote speakers for the laptop/dvd player (radio shack $49 - link --> RadioShack.com - Computers: Accessories: Speakers, mics & headsets: Cyber Acoustics CA3554 Multimedia Speaker System

I'm running 2 Black and Decker 100 watt DC to AC converters and for big power chore's a Black and Decker 400 watt DC to AC converter if I need to run the laptop (GPS navigation, 12v heated blanket (for momma), the kids Playstation2 in the cab.. ect..). The speaker system ROCKS!!! and doesnt use alot of power at all and can be ran on one 100 watt converter!

here's the link for the couches/futon's - Living Room - BigLots.com
Click-a-clack sofa/sleeper/lounge
Old 12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea! The ultimate SUV...big pimpin'
Old 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigwhite79
Awesome
Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ha ha ha ha.... Yeah I guess lookin back now.. it is kinda "pimp my ride"... honestly didnt start out that way... snowball effect got me!! ha ha haha haha....

I'll try to post up some more pix of the install's. Tell ya what though.. that radio shack sound dealy thing ROCKS!! Not that I like Sponge Bob blastin away (for my two youngin's),, but when we put the movie Transformers in... it makes it alot more fun to watch goin down the road!

Other rig'd up stuff is the V1 detector (removed the rear view mirror and mounted V1 in that area - remote display mounted in the instrument hood), Garmin GPS V on the far left bottom windshield corner. Ran a 12v outlet line and mounted the plug for the outlet just behind the rear passenger side back bench seat (runs one of the 100 watt converters - switch is up at the dash for easy power on/off).

The VR3 display is velcro'd to the dash to the left of the stereo and just below the air vent.

here's a couple pix:

Power converters, VR3 back up color monitor, VR3 MP3 player, cb.... etc..

Here's where I put the switch for the rear 12v outlet behind the rear bench. This turns on/off the surround system converter mounted behind the back bench seat.

One of the satellite speakers for the surround sound. The woofer box is mounted behind the rear bench and is powered by it's own 100 watt inverter. Mounting was easy, it's velcro'd to the back window (same for the other speaker on the other side):

Interior shot (GPS/Radar Laser/Back up monitor/CB/VR3 MP3 wireless transmitter/DC to AC converter/DVD player).... ha ha hah aha... told ya.. got out of control I guess.... my multi media/info/120v power multi purpose vehicle!!! ha ha ha.... When I need the laptop, I can use it for DVD's in the rear of the truck (wireless sound transmitter), or can use the computer on the center console hooked up to the gps to give me a 15 inch screen for road navigation... call up a fuel station or restraunt/hotel with a mouse click! I can power the computer, dvd, heater blanket with the 400 watt inverter (using a small 6 outlet 120v power strip with 2 ft cord)

Last edited by NCDave; 12-12-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.