Frt end swap help needed. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Non-Powerstroke General Discussion General Discussion for 6.9L and 7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Engines

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Frt end swap help needed.

I want to swap the frt sheetmetal from a 96 bronco to my 91 7.3 dually. I did a search and it seems like a straight swap but I have a couple ?s
1- which core support, will the 91 diesel rad and batteries bolt to the bronco core support? or do i just bolt all the 96 stuff to the 91 support.
2- the bronco has the collapsing frame horns but the f-350 has solid horns
will the bumper bolt up or do I need new brackets
I am able to fabricate anything for the swap but I want to know ahead of time so the truck isnt down for weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweaver View Post
I want to swap the frt sheetmetal from a 96 bronco to my 91 7.3 dually. I did a search and it seems like a straight swap but I have a couple ?s
1- which core support, will the 91 diesel rad and batteries bolt to the bronco core support? or do i just bolt all the 96 stuff to the 91 support.
2- the bronco has the collapsing frame horns but the f-350 has solid horns
will the bumper bolt up or do I need new brackets
I am able to fabricate anything for the swap but I want to know ahead of time so the truck isnt down for weeks

I did very similar swap 80 w a 95 nose

The bronco nor the 91 core support will work. You need a 92-97 DIESEL core support. LMC has one for $189. Ford is like $450 . Buy one. These years rot out bad, you will have a hard time finding a good used one. You prob be able to use you dual battery bracket from your 91.

You will have to fab up some bumper brackets. prob can mod your 91 bumper brackets. . If not some 2" angle iron is what i used. O and youare going to have to spice in your 96 headlight/parking light harness to your 91/Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.