aftermarket aluminum radiator question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Non-Powerstroke General Discussion General Discussion for 6.9L and 7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Engines

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
aftermarket aluminum radiator question

So, I've got a 94 powerstroke, but since I have the last year of the gigantic radiator, I figured this would be the best place.

I wrecked my truck, and after collecting most parts, I'm having a tough time keeping it budget with the radiator. Ebay searches result in a seller "radiators4less" which is selling an "American Eagle" all aluminum radiator. I'm told they are made in the same factory as the champion, which after exchanging my first one due to shipping damage, the second one is working well in my early Bronco.

So I found this after purchasing a used one on eBay, that while being pulled was found damaged, a discontinued radiator that while being packed was damaged, this one was supposed to be my third times a charm purchase.

The first one I received was obviously damaged, and so badly that it was tweaked out of square. Since I had such a positive return experience with the champion, I figured, oh well, the next one will be good. The second was damaged as well. After a few emails we agreed that the third one should be shipped to my wife at work, in theory lessening the time is in transit, hopefully not damaging it. They also agreed it should be packed better (there's an inch of Styrofoam between the corner and the box.) And said they would tell the warehouse to pack it better.

None of that happened. I saw it was headed to the house and fired off an email, they corrected it and it arrived yesterday. I told her to keep it safe and I'd pick it up, which I did today. I noticed the corner looked damaged but thought it was from the wife using it as a handle. Unpacked it about an hour ago and I'm disgusted. No better packing, dropped on the same corner tweaking it the same way.

They carry a lifetime warranty, but only if they are not damaged. Are any of you running this radiator? If so, was it damaged upon arrival? Did you return it? Did you end up running a damaged one, and if so, how long did/had it lasted?

Yes, I'm contemplating just running it, I still need a friggin radiator :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 12:33 PM

Well, they've offered to take one back, give me a refund and I can keep two. Obviously this means the lifetime warranty is not applicable, but my buddy saysif it's leaking I can probably fix it for way less than the cost of a new one, so I'm gonna go that route, and failing that, I'll man up and get an oem style replacement for 4-500 bucks.

Not necessarily the sellers fault, but I wish they'd charge an extra twenty bucks and use it for an outer box with extra packing.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:50 PM

pretty good seller IMHO keep the one with tank damage any radiator shop can fix that
if need be but if it doesn't leak from the get go I think it will be fine forever

I bought a radiator from BPD and even with local pickup the box was huge but the box design was key to saving the unit from impact
you think the company your dealing with would get a clue what a waste of time and product

Last edited by ZMANN; 02-23-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:22 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the seller.

Honestly, if I knew they would honor the warranty if I had problems with it, I wouldn't even worry about a refund, but it states right on the website it doesn't apply to damaged radiators. I was worried that any stress from tweaking it would possibly cause me more problems down the road, so thanks for weighing in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.