Argentina's SuperDuty Cummins. Why can't we have nice things? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Non-Powerstroke General Discussion General Discussion for 6.9L and 7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Engines

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Argentina's SuperDuty Cummins. Why can't we have nice things?

Why?








Last edited by f350powerstroke; 11-25-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Too close to snookie
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 20
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That can't be stock is it?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
That can't be stock is it?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes. They all came with the 4bt , manual trans..
I think up till 2008???? I'll bet they'll run for 25+ yrs with proper care

heres a 2 door variant, u can hear the 4bt choochin'


Last edited by f350powerstroke; 11-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just got back from Buenos Aires and noticed that to...as a matter of fact I'm working next to the Ford plant. The Ranger is completly different than those from the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,553
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Simple answer, emissions regulations and that thing doesn't have the power to pull what the public will demand of it. For a daily driver that is low on maintenance and good one fuel it would be fine, but your not going to work that thing as hard as a 7.3/6.0/6.4/6.7 and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
Simple answer, emissions regulations and that thing doesn't have the power to pull what the public will demand of it. For a daily driver that is low on maintenance and good one fuel it would be fine, but your not going to work that thing as hard as a 7.3/6.0/6.4/6.7 and so on.
If they made the 6bt emissions compliant then they could've made the 4bt as well. Although I wouldn't know how that would affect the contract with Chrysler, there's plenty of buyers who'd opt for a fuel efficient diesel in an SUV or 1/2 Ton with enough brawn to pull a small camper or small block Chevy (he he) to the track
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,553
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350powerstroke View Post
If they made the 6bt emissions compliant then they could've made the 4bt as well. Although I wouldn't know how that would affect the contract with Chrysler, there's plenty of buyers who'd opt for a fuel efficient diesel in an SUV or 1/2 Ton with enough brawn to pull a small camper or small block Chevy (he he) to the track
4BT, 6BT neither were ever emissions compliant nor had to be in their day, in today's standards though they wouldn't stand a chance. Far less refined also, you may have a small niche that wouldn't mind the noise or vibration and moody cold weather starting of a 6BT or 4 BT but a small niche doesn't get the bills paid.


Besides the ISB engines are far better in every way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Oilfield Trash

 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX
Posts: 26,301
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
05 looking truck on the outside, a 99 look on the inside, steering wheel, a freaking tape player, 99 instrument cluster, 99 seats, no cruise control, and the list goes on lol.



i would have to look but i found a dealer that has all those trucks. ford/dodge/gm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
4BT, 6BT neither were ever emissions compliant nor had to be in their day, in today's standards though they wouldn't stand a chance. Far less refined also, you may have a small niche that wouldn't mind the noise or vibration and moody cold weather starting of a 6BT or 4 BT but a small niche doesn't get the bills paid.


Besides the ISB engines are far better in every way.

That's what I meant, sry for the misconstrued words. Gimme a 4 pot with 400lbs
of torque that'll give out 28mpg cummins was working with Nissan last yr with this project but haven't found any updates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,553
Thanks: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350powerstroke View Post
That's what I meant, sry for the misconstrued words. Gimme a 4 pot with 400lbs
of torque that'll give out 28mpg cummins was working with Nissan last yr with this project but haven't found any updates
No worries, the 1/2 ton diesel market will be a tough one for manufactures to crack. Most people that buy half tons won't pony up for the added cost of a diesel option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors