My new truck-another M35A2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Non-Powerstroke General Discussion General Discussion for 6.9L and 7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Engines

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Maverick1701
My new truck-another M35A2

I just placed my order for a rebuilt M35A2 from Boyce Equpiment in Odgen, UT. Its a 1968 Kaiser Jeep.

Im heading up to pick it up on Sept 9th...man I cant wait. I have been regreting it ever since I sold my old 1971 AM General Deuce back last october, but hind sight is always 20/20

I have a military PTO winch sitting in my garage ready to install and also several gallons of 686 tan ready to spray when she gets back home. I am going to repaint desert tan w/the desert storm inverted V.

Im still not sure if I am going to keep the NDTs or flip the hubs, and single out the rears w/49in 395/85r20 michelin XMLs...decisions decisions

Once I get the tires sorted out I am going to save up and put lockers in the rear axles (and maybe in the front but i need to install power steering before I lockthe front)
Attached Thumbnails
My new truck-another M35A2-front.jpg   My new truck-another M35A2-rear.jpg   My new truck-another M35A2-interior.jpg   My new truck-another M35A2-inerior-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 03:21 PM

those things are awesome trail rigs if you can find somewhere to fit them haha. if you dont mind me askin....how much is a rebuilt m35 cost?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro41 View Post
those things are awesome trail rigs if you can find somewhere to fit them haha. if you dont mind me askin....how much is a rebuilt m35 cost?
Here are the prices for (basically) your 3 options for picking up a deuce....the short answer is anywhere from 9500 to 14000 (depending on the company and options you choose)

Here is the long answer lol

I am paying more than "normal" because the company I am buying from is going through the truck from bumper to bumper and replacing/repairing the entire truck.

I have seen them sell from "the mans" auctions anywhere from $810.75 to around $3500 but they vary wildly in terms of quality and state of repair.

If you buy from an individual they can range from $1200 on up to $8000 or $9000 depending on the quality of the vehicle and how it was used (parade/show truck vs bubbas truck off the farm)

If you want to buy a rebuilt truck (Which is what I am doing) there are two places, Boyce Equipment and Memphis Equipment). Boyce charges 9500 for a w/winch truck and hard top (including bumper to bumper refit). Memphis charges around $13,000 for their trucks.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 PM

bob it,,,,
Old 08-15-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00strker View Post
bob it,,,,
NO SIR! Bob jobs look sharp but they arent for me....

Im not going to bob it...
for one I just cant take a torch to a piece of history, especially a military vehicle (granted there are 1000's of these trucks out there...I just cant bring myself to do it)

secondly if I wanted a 4x4 w/rockwells, I wouldnt spring for a deuce just to cut out one axle...I would rather build a jeep or something w/rockwells instead of taking the torch to a piece of military history (again yes i know there are 1000's of these trucks out here....but still)
Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Awesome Truck.....

Where's memphis, tx?? I might have to make a ride to check it out once you get it!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalman14 View Post
Awesome Truck.....

Where's memphis, tx?? I might have to make a ride to check it out once you get it!
Thanks!!!!

i am in the south-east corner of the texas panhandle.
Its about 1hr 30mins south east of amarilo right on hwy 287.
if you ever make it up this way, shoot me a PM and we can take the deuce out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.