Water Separator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Non-Powerstroke General Discussion General Discussion for 6.9L and 7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Engines

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Water Separator

My friend has a 86 F250 6.9 with a aftermarket banks turbo kit. He is trying to located the fuel water separator we cannot seem to locate it. Does any one know where I can find the water separator on the 6.9. I am not sure if it had to be relocated beacause of the aftermarket turbo or not. The water separator is not located on the firewall where it suppose to be.

Last edited by 95Dually7.3; 10-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very possible it has been bypassed and removed from the vechile. The factory one can be quite a pain because of air leaks and such; because of wore out gaskets. Only thing i can tell you is start at he the filter head and trace your way back to the tank. If there isnt a seperator there then it has been deleted. On my truck when i bought it, it was removed and a wix filter head with a fuel/water seperator filter was mounted under the truck.

04 6.0 ZF, 4x4 CC SB.

"You say im premature i just call it ecstacy"

"A Chuck Norris-delivered Roundhouse Kick is the preferred method of execution in 16 states."
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stock seperator will be on the firewall in between the brake master cylinder and fender (it will actually be down about 10" from that, kinda down in that area). It has a pull chain thing on it to release the water. The 6.9 setup sucks, most bypass. Mine doesnt even work, stuck with the chain in the drain position. Doesnt suck air and it always gets ride of the water LOL

1985 Ford F-250 with a 6.9 IDI/T-19 4speed 4x4
Paint, Eagle Alloys, Kelly Safari TSR's, ATS turbo, gauges

2004 Jetta TDI 5 speed
2004 2wd Excursion Limited 6.0. Testing how loyal I am to Ford
1997 Passat B4V TDI. 1 of 80 imported in 97. 50 MPG and a factory 25 gallon fuel tank!
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode