Hey Y'all Watch'is: Dumb stories thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Y'all Watch'is: Dumb stories thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I'm thinking maybe we need a dumbest stories thread...

lol
I agree.

From my halls of redneck stupidity(my family tree), I have a few stories about people doing stupid stuff. I'll start with one of my own. In Texas, you get to have these huge bonfires. It's loads of fun, and a whole mess of alcohol is involved. I was doing delivery for a local company, and on occasion the place I was delivering to would tell me "We already got our beer order." I take it back to the owner, and he says, "It's already paid for, so we can't take it back." Somehow beer that was in my truck bed was paid for, but not wanted...

I got all my buddies to call all their friends, and tell them to each bring a bag of ice. This would fill up the truck bed with ice and all that beer was open for drinking. We parked my old F100 at the top of the cliff because the cops couldn't reach us there. We lit that bonfire and we cranked the tunes. It was a great start...

Right.... I did say Dumb stories thread.... Well, after a few dozen beers have been downed we start looking around and see that there's this boulder that looks kinda loose. Fifty some odd guys and a few of the gals set to work on this boulder, because we're going to make it roll down the cliff... Bunch of offroaders, and all we have jacks, pry bars, and we get this thing rocking... And down it rolls. One problem... We're on top of this cliff. My truck is parked pretty close to the edge... That boulder coming loose caused a nice chain reaction where the remainder of that cliff face started falling away.. And there went my truck.

My buddies and I are watching as my truck went over the edge. Old Jack being the sensitive one, goes, "Think the beer is still okay?"

Okay, I started it. You give me yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
I agree.

From my halls of redneck stupidity(my family tree), I have a few stories about people doing stupid stuff. I'll start with one of my own. In Texas, you get to have these huge bonfires. It's loads of fun, and a whole mess of alcohol is involved. I was doing delivery for a local company, and on occasion the place I was delivering to would tell me "We already got our beer order." I take it back to the owner, and he says, "It's already paid for, so we can't take it back." Somehow beer that was in my truck bed was paid for, but not wanted...

I got all my buddies to call all their friends, and tell them to each bring a bag of ice. This would fill up the truck bed with ice and all that beer was open for drinking. We parked my old F100 at the top of the cliff because the cops couldn't reach us there. We lit that bonfire and we cranked the tunes. It was a great start...

Right.... I did say Dumb stories thread.... Well, after a few dozen beers have been downed we start looking around and see that there's this boulder that looks kinda loose. Fifty some odd guys and a few of the gals set to work on this boulder, because we're going to make it roll down the cliff... Bunch of offroaders, and all we have jacks, pry bars, and we get this thing rocking... And down it rolls. One problem... We're on top of this cliff. My truck is parked pretty close to the edge... That boulder coming loose caused a nice chain reaction where the remainder of that cliff face started falling away.. And there went my truck.

My buddies and I are watching as my truck went over the edge. Old Jack being the sensitive one, goes, "Think the beer is still okay?"

Okay, I started it. You give me yours.
That's an awesome story....I'm sorry I don't have anything to contribute that I can think of now, but kudos to you for starting us off well
Old 03-07-2014, 05:28 AM

Since everyone else is too chicken to tell their dumb stories, here's another from the halls of Tommycat's stupidity.

Back in high school, me and a friend of mine used to build motors for people. We'd built several race motors, and it was time to get my old F100 back to good running condition. It was missing on 4 cylinders, and leaking oil into the 4 it was firing on. Pretty much meant head and valves at a minimum, but we figured on just doing a compete overhaul. So we tore it down, and made sure to mark everything, and we really made short work of it. I worked the top, he worked the bottom, and in less than an hour we had the motor out. It kinda helped that those old Fords gave us enough room to work. We knew what we were doing, so saving bolts wasn't a big deal to us.

Air tools made tearing the motor apart a sinche as well. In a little over another hour, with me working one side and him working the other we had the heads off, and the old pistons clear. The problem was 6 cracked valves, a cracked head, and nearly every ring had a small crack as well. Good thing we tore the whole thing apart. The bearings were in great shape which was a relief for us. The cam was pretty worn, but could have still been used if we weren't switching to a roller cam.

Another 3 hours and we had the motor mostly back together. We opted for new heads, and new distributor. Everything was set to 0 degrees, and the only issue we had was the rotor that came with it was damaged from shipping. so we sent his mom to get a new one, and we finished up the install. His mom came back while we finished up the wiring, and we figured it was getting too dark to work, and we'd finish everything up in the morning, as we couldn't hardly see the wire colors anymore.

The next day we finished up the wiring, and fired it up... well tried to anyway. No matter what we did it just wouldn't fire. We even swapped the wires on the cap 180 to see if we had it 180 out. Not a damn thing. His mom comes out because she hears us cussing and fussing and says "Calm down! What's the matter."

He says, "we tried everything and this damn thing won't start."

She looks at the mess we made, yanks the wires off the cap, opens the cap and puts the brand new rotor that she bought in place, and puts the wires back on the cap in the right order. Then she walks around to the driver's door reaches in and turns the key. Purred like a kitten.

Then there was me and my buddy on the driveway

and her
Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok I'll post, I do something stupid almost daily. Like today, I had to repipe a water supply for a pool due to freezing. So I finish up, tell my helper to backfill the hole that I put they new water service in, so I am in the pool house and thought oh I better flush this line so I don't mess up the water meter. I didn't want to soak my tools and stuff in this 10x10 pool house. So I aim the poly line out the window, open up the valve. Yes the helper was about 3 feet away from the end. I yelled look out and crack it full blast. yes he got soaked. hahaha, I guess next time he won't respond with, huh.

I also got cover In sewage once. I was taking apart a clean out for the whole house. the customer said no water was run. As I reached for the bucket to catch any tiny bit of effluent that dripped out and 1 1/2 threads left on the clean out, the home owner thought they would help by plunging. Well the cap went flying, whole house worth of plumbing came out. I didn't have time to react, I was covered from the chest down, standing there with an empty bucket.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:25 AM

LOL that reminds me... Tommy does NOT do black water tanks on RV's. Nope not ever... again.

My girlfriend and I had this RV we picked up pretty cheap. I was having trouble getting the black water tank to open up. The thing was indicating that it was empty, so I figured, sure, why not replace that stupid valve.

I will never trust that gauge to tell me if the tank is empty...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommycat For This Useful Post:
09SDLariat (05-31-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Speaking of RVs....parumpump... - We'd gone RVing with our 5er. A guy comes in with a pop-up trailer. It soon became obvious he had no experience backing up a trailer. Sat in my 5er watching him repeatedly ( at least 6 times) try to back up like there was nothing attached. i.e. backing his truck up to the right only to have the trailer go left. He'd then go forward to straighten it out only to do the same thing over again. It just wasn't clicking with this guy that if he was going right, the trailer to the left, but he needed to back up left so the trailer would go to the right!

So...other people were now watching him...probably made him nervous, but I go out to see if I can help. After he straightens it out again, I suggest he steer the other way. Whaddya know, the trailer starts going right. But then he didn't follow it and ended up almost completely jack-knifed. After a few more attempts, he got it far enough into the campsite so it was out of the way....almost jack-knifed it again. He threw the truck into park, got out and disconnected the trailer all crooked and said, "F-it - good enough!" He set it up and then drove away.

When people would go by his site they kept looking at his trailer all crooked and the other pop-ups, TT, 5ers and motor-homes were straight.

I hope he got the practice he needed before venturing out again.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
LOL that reminds me... Tommy does NOT do black water tanks on RV's. Nope not ever... again.

My girlfriend and I had this RV we picked up pretty cheap. I was having trouble getting the black water tank to open up. The thing was indicating that it was empty, so I figured, sure, why not replace that stupid valve.

I will never trust that gauge to tell me if the tank is empty...
It only takes one quick lesson. It's the fastest I've ever taken a sweat shirt off. I looked at the customer and said "I thought you didn't run any water?" they responded "we didn't run water but we flushed the toilet." It was after that day a sewer machine was in my truck the next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.