That boy makes me proud!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 06:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That boy makes me proud!!

Last weekend my son and I were on our way home from lil road trip. We stopped in at a KFC for a quick bite during a fuel stop. Right before we leave I excused myself to the restroom. Upon my return I see my boy getting up from a different table. This table was occupied by an older gentleman, probably mid 70's with veterans cap on. As I approached the table, the gentleman stands up shake my hand, and thanks me in a crakling voice and abruptly walks away. Obviously, on the way out I asked my son what that was about. He said dad, the man waked in while you were in the restroom and I noticed his hat. I tried to think to myself all the things that the man could have possibly gone through during his time in the military. Through these thoughts I remembered that me and you can eat at KFC, on a road trip, driving a nice vehicle, because of the things that gentleman endured..........so I thanked him and told him why I was thanking him.

Ive never been in the military but I raise my children to be appreciative of the things they have and the reasons they can have them! My son is 14 years old and plans to be a soldier one day.

Thanks to all the men and women, past, present, and future, for your service and my freedoms!

God Bless!

Mods, If this isnt in the right place feel free to move it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Well, okay - That choked me up!!

I'm guessing you have to have the Mrs. sew a few buttons back on your shirt, yeah? You're doing a great job with your Son - He'll probably make a great soldier!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Well, okay - That choked me up!!

I'm guessing you have to have the Mrs. sew a few buttons back on your shirt, yeah? You're doing a great job with your Son - He'll probably make a great soldier!
I was choked up typing! As a parent you always try to teach your children the right things in life. But until moments like these you never really know how your doing. It was a proud moment for me!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thats awesome bud! Me being in the younger generation, My generation dont think about those things! They dont care and pisses me off! You should be proud of your son for doing that!

Good job dad!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 AM

Well sir You got a good kid! Thats the right way to raise him! Thats a great story! If the world had more people like you and your son I bet it wouldn't be so jacked up!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagan525 View Post
Well sir You got a good kid! Thats the right way to raise him! Thats a great story! If the world had more people like you and your son I bet it wouldn't be so jacked up!
agrreeeeee!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is awesome. You can now look back over all the years and say "I know I did a good job raising him". What a proud moment I am sure.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's awesome bro, I try to thank vets as often as I see them, they always have the best stories too
Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You have done a great job, most kids now days want everything gave to them, You taught him to see everything has a price. Please let him know that I would be honored to serve with him.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM

That is pretty cool and you should be proud of your son. My son is in the Army stationed in Germany and complete 9 months is Afghanistan. Great feeling being able to brag about your youngins when they make you proud. Big to you and your son.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.