Disheartened.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Disheartened....

First off let me say this... I am in no way taking sides pointing fingers etc.. Just putting that out there...

Here is what has me and so many other PAYING members of the org disheartened... it seems that a few people on these forums anymore feel the need to stir the pot and shove their collective weight around just because they can. i can remember 4-5 years ago where i came to this forum to make real friends... and made some very good ones... ive learned everything i know about my trucks from these very forums... i am now on my 3rd stroker in 5 years. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on vendors directly from these forums... a couple who have since left and i can understand why. I have spent many nights shootin the **** with folks like Dave and Grayson.. who are both mods and have even had to go to other forums with dave to help him with subject matter.... that sense of community has eroded away... and it all points to a few people... not gonna mention names... most of us lowly paying members know who i speak of.

All i am worried about is this... when does a title or position exempt you from the exact same actions people have been banned for?... I had an awesome commander my first tour in Afghanistan and the one thing he tought me that i have carried with me all my life is that you lead by example... you dont ask anyone under you to do anything you wouldnt do yourself... Yet i see daily a "Do as I say not as i Do" attitude on here....

I think its time the org get back to a sense of community a sense of we are all here to benefit from one another and get away from this divide that grows almost daily... and for the to happen it has to start at the top.... for like i said earlier... you cant expect ANYONE to act in a way that as a person in charge you wont do yourself....

Ok sorry for my lil speal... it just sickens me to see some of the BS ive been seeing a lot lately... i may only have 1k posts... but thats because i observe before i spew off at the mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very well put. AMEN BROTHER!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well said bud.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
totally agree....
Old 06-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thanks fdchief that is great perspective from a long time member. It is true that sometimes things need to go back to their roots. You can never have a moderated venue like this where they are not asked to be held to the same standards as the members. Also there shouldn't be preferential treatment given to anyone because they buy it. IMO we are all coming here for what I hope is the same reasons, to be with friends and share a very expensive collective hobby together. Egos and power trips erode that sense of comradery. On the flip side you will never meet too many people in your life that are as good hearted as most of the guys on these auto forums and it would be a shame to lose even one of those guys due to a moderator who made an error in judgement. It was admitted in the previous thread that was closed that mistakes were made to be learned from, a simple acknowledgment of that fact and a short apology would probably smooth this whole deal over so we could get back to our regularly scheduled programming....
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I hear exactly what you are saying. I came to the ORG years ago and it was the first forum I ever got involved in. I spent most of those years up late shootin the chit with guys I had never met. I learned more and more about my truck than I thought I would and made friends that I now consider family, hell I would have never met my wife and mother of my soon to be born son if it wasn't for the ORGand the people I have met that brought us together. I know that may sound cheesy, but it's the truth.

We all care about this place and want it to continue to be a place to get away, learn something, and get a few laughs. I know this whole deal is a touchy subject, but let's let it go and move forward.

Just my thoughts on this for now...
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I rarely log in now since I've been really busy and my line of work rarely gives me time to log in, But I do like to check in once in a while.

I joined the org, and became a supporting member the day I paid off my first personal truck and first powerstroke. Like other members on this forum I joined because I wanted to be a part of a community of people that I have never met in my life, but have loyalty to a brand I have come to respect and enjoy which is Ford, and for many if not all of us its our powerstrokes. I have mentioned it before, but I have roamed many forums and out of all the forums I have dwelled in, the ORG is the place I am a part of and a place I have met people that I could relate to.

To the OP, I don't know what led to your thread but I could visualize certain circumstances that could lead me to start a thread like yours. I've made good friends here I've never met personally but they are friends.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.