It's been great, but I'm leaving the forum - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It's been great, but I'm leaving the forum

Hey fellas, Iím back from being banned, but sadly not to stay. I figured Iíd make this thread to let everybody know why Iíve decided to leave the org. My reason for leaving is simple, I was treated very unfairly and disrespectfully (which oddly was the reason given for my ban). While I apparently had broken a rule after being provoked by another member, I and I alone was given a 2 week ban (which seems very unnecessary) after the entire thread was given a ďblanket warningĒ. I would have agreed with a day or 2, but a moderator decided they needed to flex their muscle and make an example of me to show that they ďmeant businessĒ, along with telling me to ďsit in the cornerĒ. There is where I have the problem, I am not a child and will not be talked to as such. That to me, is very disrespectful, far more disrespectful than anything that I had said to get me banned. My personal feeling is this: if a moderator is going to ban a person for disrespect, then they need to show the same level of respect that they feel we as members should show to each other. The whole situation in my eyes was handled incorrectly and took far too long to be handled as it should have been from the start.

But thatís all the past and water under the bridge. I did get a phone call from Scuffy and we discussed the situation and I was explained his and the other adminsí position, which I suppose I understand. I just donít agree with the way things are handled and feel that some (not all) of the mods are very heavy handed and sometimes unfair in their punishments, and sometimes downright disrespectful and that is the reason Iíve decided to leave the site.

I am grateful to this site for all of the friends Iíve made (thereís far too many of them to name), and I wouldnít know half of what I know about diesels if it werenít for the org. This was my online home when I was on the net, when I wasnít working Iíd be on for hours at a time. I appreciate everybody who rallied for me, you guys are great and who I consider my internet family. While Iíll miss talking to you guys, I just canít stick around here any longer, after being treated unfairly and disrespectfully by someone who is supposed to keep that sort of thing from happening. I think at this point Iím owed at least a small apology, but that hasnít happened in the last 2 weeks and wonít happen at all.

So long everybody, itís been a blast. If anyone wants to get in touch with me, shoot me a text or give me a call 916-826-1874.
-John
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why do I feel like this is happening more frequently these days? Perhaps it is just my perception, but perception is reality!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

that sucks man. hate to see a member leave.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
John we are sorry to see you go but in the end I understand. The wrong call was made and then defended so now you have to do what you feel is right. It is always a bummer when a long standing member leaves on these terms, good luck!!

Todd
Old 06-23-2013, 09:51 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well sucks to see ya go John, we definitely shared some good laughs over the years here. I'll try to keep on touch other ways.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
John, it's been great getting to know you and thanks for all of the help and laughs that you brought to the table. It's definitely a loss for us, but I completely understand and agree that the wrong call was made. Good luck with everything in the future and I hope to see you on the 'boards again some other day......maybe the "help my girlfriend is gone and I don't know how to work on my truck" forums
Old 06-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Premium Member

Sorry to see you go! Even though i dont know you very well its sad to see another member leave the org... Good luck! And i hope to see you back soon...

Tom
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 AM

Sorry to hear it bud never really personally spoke with you but always got a good chuckle out of your post. Hope to see you back

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 AM

Well if you change your mind and visit here I won't hold it against you

and I completely agree with your stance on this situation and the BS surrounding it!

including the closing and disappearance of the thread to vote you back in and the scolding the OP for that poll was handed out publicly By moderators

I reckon some things will never change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.