Dumb things you've seen people do..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dumb things you've seen people do.....

In my 56 years, I've seen a bunch......

Today was only one of them.....

I pull into a gas station to fuel up at one of their diesel pumps. I had to stop at the first one because a guy pulls in next to the one at the other end. Then I notice.....his filler tube is on the left side of the truck, he parked with the passenger side nearest the pump. He walks into the store. I get out and start fueling, washing the windshield, etc. As I'm finishing the window, he comes back out with ice. Ok, no biggie......except he just got in the truck and drove away. Didn't get fuel. Mind you somebody was waiting to use the pumps AND there were empty parking spots up next to the store. Really??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I see that crap all the time, usually at the only diesel pump. Also see a lot of gassers filling up to the only diesel pump when every other pump is empty.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
I see that crap all the time, usually at the only diesel pump. Also see a lot of gassers filling up to the only diesel pump when every other pump is empty.
I actually had a lady tell me the 'other' pumps were open so I didn't have to wait behind her. I 'had' to point out that she could have used the 'other' pumps and left one of the diesel pumps free so I didn't have to wait behind her. She suddenly didn't have anything to say.... HMMMM
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well we were driving home from a trip to pittsburgh and we were on I-95 and all of a sudden we see two cars, a prius and a chevy aveo STOPPED in the fast lane of the 3 lane highway while everyone else flies by at 75mph! And to add to that they were standing outside of their cars shouting at each other. They weren't even close to the shoulder! What morons.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
I enjoy sitting behind them and idling when this happens. Usually gets the point across quickly unless I run into someone like SuperCruty pointed out.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF985 View Post
I enjoy sitting behind them and idling when this happens. Usually gets the point across quickly unless I run into someone like SuperCruty pointed out.
What's even better is pulling up behind them and flipping on the high idle

...oh did I mention that I have an 03 turbo

You should see the looks I get

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Okay....just for clarification...I like OBS trucks, my F150 was a '95. Loved that truck...just wasn't a PSD and wasn't going to pull the 5er we wanted to buy in the then future.

Now to the reason for my post. I was coming home from a visit with my mom last night. I was headed south toward my house. Other traffic rolling with me. I see lights behind me...No biggie. Suddenly, the 'lights' were getting closer faster and then I realize the 'lights' were attached to an OBS in the 92-96 range as it blew by. He had a SuperCab, but a flat bed, w/stacks. From what I could see, a good looking truck. He was rolling coal like a really old freight train. But the diptard behind the wheel then proceded cut over in my lane, push the car ahead of me, only to cut over in front of a car in the left lane (who BTW, had to hit the brakes so the diptard didn't hit them.) He repeated this lane jumping crap a couple more times until he was in the clear....AND THEN.....wait for it.....Rolled Coal on down the road. The thing that ticks me off about this is....It's guys like him who helped create (in CA) this whole "We better 'smoke' test these diesel trucks" malarky that anyone with a 98 or newer truck has to deal with every couple of years....yet, HE doesn't have to because his truck is 'older'. It wasn't the truck's fault it has a diptard for a driver.

Okay...I feel better...I'm good now.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah Daryl some people are just born.... Well you know diptarded lol.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just give CA some time and the OBS trucks will go away. All trucks in CA are considered commercial and commercial trucks have to replace their engines to meet emissions standards. It's just a matter of time before CA changes the rules again and starts going after individuals. Glad I moved when they wanted to smog my truck.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Cowgirl forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazsecond View Post
What's even better is pulling up behind them and flipping on the high idle

...oh did I mention that I have an 03 turbo

You should see the looks I get

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
LOL i bet thats funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.