Buying another house - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying another house

I didn't think we would be buying another house so soon. Me and the wife bought are first house about 8 years ago. We got gutted it redid every thing and I mean every thing. Now it looks like we will be doing it all again. All the painting fixing moving and all the other bs that's envolved in to moving.but I do like the new house it's two story with a 48x30 pole barn and 2 achers of land. One bath 3 bed rooms I think it's like 1400 sq ft. Are current house is tiny only 900sq ft. And I have to rent my shop. So there is a upside to moving bigger better place. Not having to rent a shop anymore will be great. But am I the only one that hates to move? When we left the showing my wife was glowing. Me my stomach was turning. She ask if I liked the place and if I wanted to put a offer in. I wanted to tell her no so bad but she has been by my side threw a lot . And I guess it's my time to give in.when she asked if I wanted to put a offer in I told her I bought the last house she can buy the next one. Then wham bam she is on the phone with the bank.i know by now your thinking where is he going with this. Well I don't know. I guess I'm happy sad scared about all this and just needed to get this out.one thing that will for sure suck is having a house payment again . Hell maybe you guys can put a story out there about buying a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM

don't feel bad bud, i'm 21, single, and just bought my first house, 2 bed 1 bath with detached garage, payments will suck but luckily they won't be too bad, actually less than i was paying on my truck, but i know how ya feel, i'm still pretty apprehensive about the whole situation, i bought the house and am movin straight outta my parents so it will definately be a big change for me. just look forward to havin your own garage and a larger place to enjoy
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Congrats man. I bought my first one at 20 years old. Still living in it, for about 3 years now actually. 3bedroom 2bath 1100sq ft. The rear yard is 3700sq ft with no neighbors behind. I have a driveway on the side of the house that is 23' by 87'. I want to extend it to the rear of my lot, by 12' wide.

Be happy, at worst, if you dont like the house, you can always look into another place. Then use the one you just bought as a rental. I plan to do something similar within 2 years.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM

thanks, and i like the house alot, my moms great aunt and her husband actually built the house in the 50's, then it was sold outta the family, and now i got it, at this point i plan on stayin for a while
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM

I guess what I'm most nerves about is the payment. My current house is paid off. All in all I do like the new house it will be awesome having the land and having my shop right there is a huge plus. And I do like that my wife will have her own garage and I'll have mine.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:41 PM

payments are what makes me nervous too, just gotta think of the positive things and look forward to it
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM

Yeah I think your right. And the house seems huge to what we have now. Another awesome thing is there's room for the dogs to run. On the back corner of the land there is many springs. So it might be cool to take the dozed back there and carve out me a pond and put some fish in it.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:50 PM

definately sounds like a nice place, mine is a half acre lot, not real wide, but deep, and backs up to a field whitch will be nice for shootin bow and such
Old 03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Don't you worry about it

I bought my house with my wife when I was 16. Started young, I'm 22 now and still living in it.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM

This place all the land is in the back and is real wide well it's pretty deep also. One little bummer is there's a old folks home across the way. So I hope they don't get on me about noise from the shop. But a monster huge plus+++++++ Is this shop is heated. Omg you have no idea how long I've wanted a headed shop that I didn't have to go get 10 gallons of fuel before I even start working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.