Country Music - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Country Music

Soapbox rant....If you're not a fan of country music, you can probably save yourself a few minutes and move on...

I've listened to country music all my life, and even in the last 20-25 years, country music has really changed. Now music has to change, or we'd be listening to the same song over and over again, so I have no complaints about that.

That being said, The last 10 years or so has really been the death of real country music. Again, the artists that have come along over the last 10 years are talented, they make good music for those who like it and should be allowed to make what they want. I'm not putting a blanket over all musicians of the last 10 years, there are quite a few that are good, and some that used to be good, but the politics of this modern country music has changed them for the worse. Most however, shouldn't be in the country music category in my books. Come up with a new category for them, or put them in the category they are really in, pop or rock.

I've heard of musicians being turned away from country labels for being "too country"...what does that mean? In my opinion, its just there way of controlling what we can listen to, and what will sell. Some of those people may be great country musicians, and may sell quite a few albums, but are never given the chance to even try.

If we could separate the different types of music more, it would give the true blue country artists both old and young a chance to put out there music. The others that are making music that isn't really country can still make music, and still sell music, but in a different category.

Its gotten to the point where I can't even listen to country radio anymore cause so much of is crap in my opinion.

Let the George Straits, Alan Jacksons, Easton Corbins, Dean Brodys, Ashton Shepards, Jamey Johnsons, Josh Turners, and hundreds of others have the Country category, and move the others where they belong. Maybe some of the newer artists of the last 10 years that used to make good albums would move to where they really want to be, and maybe some would stay where they are. And, stop turning away what may be talented artists for being "to country"

Millions of people grew up listening to country music, and it made them who they are. I don't think people of the young generation now would be all that proud to look back in 20 years and say the same thing...

Ok, off my soapbox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And I totally agree with you .. Country now days is more of county/rock rolled into one.
Sad I think and is the same reason I don't listen to the country stations in my area ..
KJ97 FM and Y100 Fm is really not that great anymore.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i agree e99. hands down.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
'Merica

i concur, even though im only 23. But I still dont particularly like "Today's Country Hits" Hence, my recent purchase of an mp3 player and casette adapter. Gotta have my Buck Owens.

thecaptin
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

I'm 22 myself, I agree with the mp3 player. I've got one in the truck to keep the good tunes rolling.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

hahaha. im glad i have a radio now with ipod connections so i can do that.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
I agree...most new country sucks. But IMO, one new guy that's got the right idea with an authentic old country feel in his music is Chris Young. The guys got a helluva voice and is very talented. Maybe it's cuz he idoled Keith Whitley and Buck Owens...anyone else agree this Chris Young kid is one of the best today?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
hahaha. im glad i have a radio now with ipod connections so i can do that.
Yeah, thats what I meant. haha.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250ghost View Post
I agree...most new country sucks. But IMO, one new guy that's got the right idea with an authentic old country feel in his music is Chris Young. The guys got a helluva voice and is very talented. Maybe it's cuz he idoled Keith Whitley and Buck Owens...anyone else agree this Chris Young kid is one of the best today?
Yeah, hes on the list. His cover of Rainy Night in Georgia is a great one.

When I heard his first single, the one he did from Nashville star, I wasn't a huge fan, but his first album as a whole was great and so are his later ones.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

one word: taylor swift... since when is that CRAP country. sounds like a pop singer to me. same with lady antebellem and i can go on. but i've definitely agreed with you there. I love hearin Alabama songs or alan jackson. but now they play all that crap along with it. wastes my time too ha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.