OH highway patrol sucks! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry OH highway patrol sucks!

F%$#! Got another ticket! My GF's dad passed away so we went to WV for his services. During that time I had to follow one of the family to return one of the rental cars. We both got pulled over and got tickets for going 73 in a 55. The officer even admitted he couldn't radar us both at the same time! You can see in the pic that we were in the middle of nowhere and the road about 200 yards out had it's own off ramp so there was absolutely no reason (that I can see) for this to be 55 mph area except for a speed trap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

with the way the states are with their budgets they have to make up the money somehow (and not the legit way of cutting back like the rest of us).
Old 06-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Not to be a turd, but if it was posted 55 and you were doing 73, why do the OHP suck? That officer didn't set the speed limit and maybe the OHP didn't set it. It was probably set by the Department of Transportation. The officer is just ensuring people obey it.

BTW, sorry to hear about your GF's Dad.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
with the way the states are with their budgets they have to make up the money somehow (and not the legit way of cutting back like the rest of us).
Yea and I think they target out of towners because it's an easy score. I'm not going to spend another $1200 to fly back and forth for court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Not to be a turd, but if it was posted 55 and you were doing 73, why do the OHP suck? That officer didn't set the speed limit and maybe the OHP didn't set it. It was probably set by the Department of Transportation. The officer is just ensuring people obey it.

BTW, sorry to hear about your GF's Dad.
Thanks.

The reason they suck is because he didn't clock me. He clocked the guy I was following and gave both of us a ticket after he admitted he didn't know how fast I was going and I was a good 50 yards behind him. I honestly have no idea what speed we were going but the guy I was following has a tomtom and when he goes over the speed limit it beeps at him and he said it didn't beep.

All I know is that I now have to pay $139 for following somebody in the middle of BFE.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Well I filed a formal complaint about this one. They called me to ask some questions about it and said they can't do anything about the complaint because the officer did not act unprofessionally and because the citation has already been issued it's a court matter which means I just got phucked out of another $139
Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Did he show the radar readout of the other car?

If he did have the other car and you were pacing him. Sorry to say it Jason but he's got you both.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
where were ya in ohio trhat looks familiar
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Did he show the radar readout of the other car?

If he did have the other car and you were pacing him. Sorry to say it Jason but he's got you both.
No, the guy I was following said he asked to see it but the officer refused to show it. I was so tired that I wasn't on top of my game so I didn't really say much at the time. A real bed was all I could think about after driving for about 26 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdcapt View Post
where were ya in ohio trhat looks familiar
I think it was hwy 30 or maybe 55??? I don't remember and that was only my second time to ever be in OH. The ticket is very vague and doesn't have any specific information about the area.

On edit: I just looked it up and it's right where 50 runs into 33 going to the airport. We were coming from Parkersburg

Last edited by symbols; 06-29-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
hmm maybe highway 35?... it should say on your ticket... if so you were rollin right thru where i live. what part of wv were ya goin to? i only live 45 mins from wv.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdcapt View Post
hmm maybe highway 35?... it should say on your ticket... if so you were rollin right thru where i live. what part of wv were ya goin to? i only live 45 mins from wv.
The ticket just says Athens and that's it but I looked it up and it's where 50 runs into 33. That road you can see up ahead in the pic is 33. Oh and we were coming from Parkersburg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.