Guilty or not guilty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Guilty or not guilty?
Guilty 6 27.27%
Not guilty 9 40.91%
Undecided / need more info 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guilty or not guilty?

So as some of you know I got a couple of traffic tickets the other day. Turning where prohibited by sign, disregard sign- do not cross, and no seatbelt. I am trying to decide whether or not to waste $200 on an attorney and still pay half the fines, fees, and the wonderful new surcharges they've added or defend myself in front of a jury. This will potentially cost me around $500 by the time it's said and done with the attorney.

Please keep in mind I have never even been in the parking lot of a major college much less do I have any legal experience besides sitting on jury's. So if you would please just assume the prosecutor had a better show than me and you think I'm most likely guilty. The pictures below (cell pics and better pics will be taken before court) are what I plan to use to make my case. Keep in mind the officer was sitting in his car and he is only 5 foot tall. From his viewpoint he cannot physically see me cross any lines or ignore any signs because he cannot even see the 2 roads that come together in this pic. There are also many obstructions including trees and other traffic. The grass was almost as tall as he is in spots and the pictures are taken from where he was sitting at his approximate height.

On edit: There are 2 feeder roads that come together under the bridge shown on the pics. I am being accused of merging into the far right lane where it was prohibited by sign and 2 solid white lines are painted. I've also measured using google maps and according to where the officer was (by his own admission on the ticket) he was approx 1000' away from the intersection.

As a juror, would you find me guilty or not guilty? Please be honest. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by symbols; 05-13-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to oafydude28 Send a message via Yahoo to oafydude28
I'm not sure were you were in reference to the pictures. were you on the bridge? and witch one?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 AM

Sorry, I'll edit my first post. Give me just a sec.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:52 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Need more info. Where was this interesection?How do you know where this cop was sitting?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Ihre Mama mag mich

the question is not that your guilty or not,or if the officer could see you at any view point...but weather you your self are tryig to stay innocent for the fact you are, OR if your knowingly guilty and trying to "excape" the outcome.
noting is ment by saying this,but i was an interrogator for the US army once.. and in my history it was the "elaborate" storys and defences that prove guilt.
like thies pics...it to me was shwing that you infact did said charges and are trying to set up a POV (point of view) defence.So if you made it to trial i might not be in your favor.its the comment that you pointed out the size of the officer, that there gets on a personal note and shows your trying to exploit his "short commings".

if honestly you didnt do what was sited,then go with that,...you just didnt do it,try not to throw bells and whistles in the fire,this isnt matlock, lol

so i hope you do well,everyone deserves his day in court,but BE HONEST!

the judge has been there doing traffic court for a while i'm shure...you wont be the first "alice's resturant" in his court room

GOOD LUCK
Old 05-13-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
Need more info. Where was this interesection?How do you know where this cop was sitting?
You can't see the intersection from where the cop was sitting. That's my point. I know where he was sitting because as soon as I got onto the road that I took the pictures on he was right there waiting and flagged me over after getting out of his car.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone-etr1 View Post
the question is not that your guilty or not,or if the officer could see you at any view point...but weather you your self are tryig to stay innocent for the fact you are, OR if your knowingly guilty and trying to "excape" the outcome.
noting is ment by saying this,but i was an interrogator for the US army once.. and in my history it was the "elaborate" storys and defences that prove guilt.
like thies pics...it to me was shwing that you infact did said charges and are trying to set up a POV (point of view) defence.So if you made it to trial i might not be in your favor.its the comment that you pointed out the size of the officer, that there gets on a personal note and shows your trying to exploit his "short commings".

if honestly you didnt do what was sited,then go with that,...you just didnt do it,try not to throw bells and whistles in the fire,this isnt matlock, lol

so i hope you do well,everyone deserves his day in court,but BE HONEST!

the judge has been there doing traffic court for a while i'm shure...you wont be the first "alice's resturant" in his court room

GOOD LUCK
Ok, thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to be personal with the height thing. I'm just trying to show that he cannot physically see the intersection that I am being accused of turning into. I am 6'1 and can't see it from where he was either.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It is a strnge thing to be pulled over by a cop that far away. Was there possibly anohte cop around the intersection that could have radioed the little one after he witnessed the said illegal turn???
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
It is a strnge thing to be pulled over by a cop that far away. Was there possibly anohte cop around the intersection that could have radioed the little one after he witnessed the said illegal turn???
Not that I am aware of but I honestly have no idea
Old 05-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Ihre Mama mag mich

Quote:
there is that but if you were in the far left lane and went to the right lane i could sww it froom that far..thies trucks look like nothing else..i,could have been a di#@ and watched the cab protion of the truck on the interchange and DOT says that that solid lines MUST be 150 ft on merging lanes at a pictular speed...so if i was board and know the "settup" than i could have seen where you came from and where you emerged into sight agin and found you at fault...just all depends on how long hes been playing his quota game there..were thay all sepperate tickets? or all on one? thay can do it all on one and its cheaper for you..just be carefull,OR you could get lucky and he not show for court and it all pitched out and dismissed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.