Whats the deal... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Whats the deal...

So I was driving through a neighborhood in the city today. I turned around a corner and started up a hill in 2nd keeping the revs up enough to keep moving, but couldn't have been doing more than 15-20 mph in a 25mph zone, when some lady walking turned around and wagged her finger at me and when I drove by she yelled "slow down!"

Now I'll admit, at times I do cruise faster (not in neighborhoods) than I probably should, but this isn't the first time someone has told me to slow down when I was doing LESS than the speed limit and not even trying to be loud.

I'm guessing its my exhaust in combination with the fact that is a manual diesel, that make people think loud = speed. Its probably also a city thing too, complaining about a diesel.

This ever happen to y'all?

Last edited by e99f2506sp; 05-03-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah. Once in my Ranger a dude came after me with a 2"x4".

That was deserved.

Not in my stroke. I roll 10-15 through neighborhoods. No sense in tearin through an area where a kid could run out at anytime.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Yeah it happened to me...had a guy that lives in my neighborhood at the end of the road actually jump out in front of my truck and tell me to slow down. Even though I was doing 25 (the speed limit)...wish he'd do it again...my brakes "might not work" HAHA
Old 05-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

Yeah, I don't go through neighborhoods over 20-25. A friends brother got hit on his bike by someone. I don't even know if they were speeding, but it scared me enough to slow me down.

I just don't get complaining at someone driving up a hill, right after a turn, clearly not moving that fast, dispite how loud the engine is. Hell, I stay in 2nd in neighborhoods for the most part so I can pull up hills, or use the engine to slow me down going down hills.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Yeah...some people need to find something to do with their lives. Mine wasn't up hill but it was right after turning onto our road...and my turbo's super loud so i guess that made him think I was speeding
Old 05-03-2010, 07:38 PM

some people are just out to get you...

for instance i live 5 miles away from a elementary school where 1/8 of the kids there walk home.. there is the school zone 20 but right past that its 35.. so during school hours i take an alternate way to the house.

Now for the gripe. i was told (screamed at) in my Mustang onceto slow down as I was coming to a stop............ i guess you can even slow down to fast...

As I waved (showing i heard her) my right index finger was pressing the TCS button... i was in third before i got across the intersection.

these commercials hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by Soot_Life; 05-03-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Banned

Those commercials are hilarious.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM

I used to work for UPS. The very first thing they told us was that people call in all the time. He said, "these trucks are big, ugly & loud, if you don't drive at least 10 mph less than the posted speed limit, these retards will call in & tell us that you're racing around their neighborhoods". lol

Most people hate our PSD's. they think we are ruining the planet, taking more than our share of fuel & sheet metal lol. Sorry to say, but the trucks that are super loud & expelling tons of black smoke in peoples faces are part of the image problem.

I try to be nice when driving around pedestrians & even cyclists!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGJ View Post
I used to work for UPS. The very first thing they told us was that people call in all the time. He said, "these trucks are big, ugly & loud, if you don't drive at least 10 mph less than the posted speed limit, these retards will call in & tell us that you're racing around their neighborhoods". lol

Most people hate our PSD's. they think we are ruining the planet, taking more than our share of fuel & sheet metal lol. Sorry to say, but the trucks that are super loud & expelling tons of black smoke in peoples faces are part of the image problem.

I try to be nice when driving around pedestrians & even cyclists!
Yeah, I always watch out for cyclists and motorcyclists because I enjoy doing both myself. Walkers are ok too, its them giving us the bad name though assuming we're going faster than we are. If you're just minding your own business, not blowing smoke or speeding, theres nothing for them to get upset about.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned

so far i havent had this issue. but non the less, im doing the limit or a tad over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.