2600 mile road trip... theoretically - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
scuffs *****

 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakwood, OH
Posts: 5,259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyler
2600 mile road trip... theoretically

Me and my buddy got to talking last night while drunk suprise suprise lol, well we got to thinking, if it was actually possible to drive from Ohio to Califronia without having to stop for fuel, we would drive my truck WOT the entire way there.

Do you think it would make it?
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bridgeview, IL.
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do you have to actually be driving the truck or could you push it some or most of the way there?
Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,758
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95superstroke, He said WOT....I dont think you can push a truck at WOT.

Tyler, I think you could make it on 1/2 a tank....but you gotta be drunk when you do it. That is the only way to make this work.

Or you could just put a MASSIVE auxileryfuel tank in the bed....that way you could pump the fuel while your driving
Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 PM
scuffs *****

 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakwood, OH
Posts: 5,259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
95superstroke, He said WOT....I dont think you can push a truck at WOT.

Tyler, I think you could make it on 1/2 a tank....but you gotta be drunk when you do it. That is the only way to make this work.

Or you could just put a MASSIVE auxileryfuel tank in the bed....that way you could pump the fuel while your driving
Im drunk now, im packing my bags lol

What I mean is, if I could hold enough fuel, say 200 gallons in my bed or so. Could I motor and all last 2600 miles or so at WOT from here to there withouth stopping?
Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,758
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Im drunk now, im packing my bags lol

What I mean is, if I could hold enough fuel, say 200 gallons in my bed or so. Could I motor and all last 2600 miles or so at WOT from here to there withouth stopping?
At WOT no, at the lowest RPM in overdrive....its possible
Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,758
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Why the f*** would I push it!?!
He was drunker than you when he made that post. He passed out shortly after it
Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Would rather be in WY
Posts: 3,782
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
At WOT you should be able to coast there. lol
Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Rob Rob is offline
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 13,239
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Me and my buddy got to talking last night while drunk suprise suprise lol, well we got to thinking, if it was actually possible to drive from Ohio to Califronia without having to stop for fuel, we would drive my truck WOT the entire way there.

Do you think it would make it?
that has to be the dumbest idea i have ever heard of. go ahead and try it, if you run out of fuel in Utah, dont call me.. ill pretend i dont know who you are. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Why the f*** would I push it!?!
watch the "F" bombs tyler, last warning..
Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
scuffs *****

 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakwood, OH
Posts: 5,259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
At WOT no, at the lowest RPM in overdrive....its possible
Why not? Cummins says 100% duty cycle at WOT, so why cant a PSD make it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
He was drunker than you when he made that post. He passed out shortly after it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
that has to be the dumbest idea i have ever heard of. go ahead and try it, if you run out of fuel in Utah, dont call me.. ill pretend i dont know who you are. .



watch the "F" bombs tyler, last warning..
Your an idiot, F****, thats my fudge bomb
Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Rob Rob is offline
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 13,239
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
.................................................. .....
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors