Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another Inspection ???

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CADASH 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the NY emissions laws on diesels?...I have an 06 and want straight pipe it.

#2 ·
Emissions Inspection for Diesel-powered Vehicles

Does a diesel-powered vehicle require an annual emissions inspection?

All diesel-powered vehicles registered in the New York City Metropolitan Area (NYCMA) with a maximum gross weight (MGW) of 8,501 lbs. or heavier must get an annual emissions inspection. The emissions inspection must occur at the same time as the annual safety inspection. The NYCMA includes the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau County, Suffolk County, Rockland County, and Westchester County. There are no exemptions given because of vehicle year, vehicle model, or other related vehicle information.

Diesel-powered vehicles with a MGW of 8,500 lbs. or less are not subject to an annual emissions inspection. Diesel-powered vehicles registered outside of the NYCMA are also exempt from the annual emissions inspection.

#5 ·
WTF i live in rockland...i'm like an hour away from the city though =[

how much does my truck weigh?

#8 ·
Hey man, where in ulster county you from?

#7 ·
You weigh 8900 Gross and thats what they go buy. Mine has never been checked thank god

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.