Another Inspection ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another Inspection ???

Does anyone know the NY emissions laws on diesels?...I have an 06 and want straight pipe it.
traumajunkie21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Premium Member
 
SMKSTAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Effort/Nanticoke,Pa.
Posts: 5,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emissions Inspection for Diesel-powered Vehicles

Does a diesel-powered vehicle require an annual emissions inspection?

All diesel-powered vehicles registered in the New York City Metropolitan Area (NYCMA) with a maximum gross weight (MGW) of 8,501 lbs. or heavier must get an annual emissions inspection. The emissions inspection must occur at the same time as the annual safety inspection. The NYCMA includes the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau County, Suffolk County, Rockland County, and Westchester County. There are no exemptions given because of vehicle year, vehicle model, or other related vehicle information.

Diesel-powered vehicles with a MGW of 8,500 lbs. or less are not subject to an annual emissions inspection. Diesel-powered vehicles registered outside of the NYCMA are also exempt from the annual emissions inspection.

RICK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CREW CAB 4x4, 7.3 TURBO DIESEL, DIY INTAKE , TW TUNES
GRAND ROCK POWERFLOW STACK KIT W/5" MITRES
3.55 REARS, 3" DOWNPIPE, FPR SHIMMED WITH GAUGE


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SMKSTAX is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKSTAX View Post
Emissions Inspection for Diesel-powered Vehicles

Does a diesel-powered vehicle require an annual emissions inspection?

All diesel-powered vehicles registered in the New York City Metropolitan Area (NYCMA) with a maximum gross weight (MGW) of 8,501 lbs. or heavier must get an annual emissions inspection. The emissions inspection must occur at the same time as the annual safety inspection. The NYCMA includes the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau County, Suffolk County, Rockland County, and Westchester County. There are no exemptions given because of vehicle year, vehicle model, or other related vehicle information.

Diesel-powered vehicles with a MGW of 8,500 lbs. or less are not subject to an annual emissions inspection. Diesel-powered vehicles registered outside of the NYCMA are also exempt from the annual emissions inspection.
OK so since I dont live in the NYCMA area I dont have to worry about anything, right? Sweet.....
traumajunkie21 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Premium Member
 
SMKSTAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Effort/Nanticoke,Pa.
Posts: 5,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by traumajunkie21 View Post
OK so since I dont live in the NYCMA area I dont have to worry about anything, right? Sweet.....
You got it bud!

That info is straight off the NYDMV website.

RICK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CREW CAB 4x4, 7.3 TURBO DIESEL, DIY INTAKE , TW TUNES
GRAND ROCK POWERFLOW STACK KIT W/5" MITRES
3.55 REARS, 3" DOWNPIPE, FPR SHIMMED WITH GAUGE


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SMKSTAX is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WTF i live in rockland...i'm like an hour away from the city though =[

how much does my truck weigh?

2002 F350 Crew Cab 4x4
7.3L Automatic
aFe Magnum Flow Intake
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
Western Diesel A-pillar cluster
Add-a-leaf in rear
Levelling kit


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--Clicky (my jeep's in the back...it might become a diesel one day too)
SmokeTown is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
mcmmotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wappingers Falls, Nuyawk
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love searching for info before I post ???

Found everything I needed in this thread.

Currently registered in NC, relocating to Ulster County in NY and have a 2006 straight piped 6.0. Glad I don't have to buy a kitty kat now.
mcmmotorsports is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 04-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rotterdam,NY
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to skoalcowboy22
You weigh 8900 Gross and thats what they go buy. Mine has never been checked thank god
skoalcowboy22 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I need money...
 
CADASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maple Hill NC, not Jacksonville!
Posts: 1,592
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmmotorsports View Post
I love searching for info before I post ???

Found everything I needed in this thread.

Currently registered in NC, relocating to Ulster County in NY and have a 2006 straight piped 6.0. Glad I don't have to buy a kitty kat now.
Hey man, where in ulster county you from?

2002 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4
"Im Dan,my tranny hates me no more!!"
AFE Stage 2
Power Hungry Perfomance Custom 6 Pos chip
Suncoast tranny
EBPV Deleted
Isspro Boost,Tranny and EGT
4 Inch Turbo Back Straight
Air Dog 150
H2E
Adrenaline HPOP
6.0L Tranny Cooler
4 inch Rancho lift
FS-2500
Fluidampr
CADASH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome