New Truck, Big Problem? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question New Truck, Big Problem?

Hi, I'm new to forums and just bought my 99 F350 with a 8inch lift and 38's.

I have to get it inspected within 2 weeks, and was wondering if anyone else has a truck this big and will it pass state inspection?

I really don't even want to bother with state inspection if i don't have to if anyone could recommend any Shop i can go to would be great.

Only thing I'm really worried about is the tires are 38's so they stick out like 2-3 inches which could be a problem. If any one has any insight and knows if i will be good with state or knows any local shops around North Jersey much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

hey man, im in the same boat as you, i just built up my f250 6.5 lift, on 37's im in toms river, nj heres some rules for ya that i had to follow, 2 or more blocks must be welded together
fender flares, mud flaps, you have to go to asbury for the tilt testing, its free, heres a link im actually going again soon to the test, let me know when you go, maybe i see u there! Current NJ Lift Laws
Old 08-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey, Thanks for the info.

I just bought Bushwacker cut-out flares the other day and just ordered a pair of mud-flaps. After I throw them on it "should" be all legal. I will probably go to the one in Morristown since thats the closest to my house. I just hope they dont find a way to fail me on the damb tilt-test, I'll find out next week i guess.

Do you take your truck wheelin'? If you know of any good spots down there maybe ill take a ride down one day...theres not much places in North Jersey that my truck can fit...and not to mention they are not 100% legal to begin with.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 AM

good, yeah i take my truck wheelin alot, u should see the body condition lol, i bought it looking brand new, lifted it, threw on my baja claws, blew out my tranz, but thats all the fun lol, theres alot of places down south here to wheel. im not going to be wheelin really heavey, i cant afford to break it, i need my truck to get me places , but ill take her out anytime you got a myspace? , ur truck sounds pretty nice with the 8" lift, post a pic.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 05charcoal6.0
hey pwrstroker99 you said your going to be going to morristown for inspection. Im about 20 minutes from morristown and i think i have to go there to because i have until the end of the month. Did they pass you? and where you from?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Whats up guys, I also just bought my 2000 F350 dually...I also needed to inspect it and was only worried about my tints...so I take them off and head over to a state inspection station only to find out that since my truck weighs over 10,000 lb. and a diesel, it is a self-inspection vehicle...which is cool cause I can pretty much do anything to it and get away with it...to a point I'm sure...anyway good luck guys with your inspections, hope you don't run into any A-holes that'll give you a hard time

Last edited by TurboDave; 06-04-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABoyAndHisToys
Register as class 2 and self inspect... No worries about tilt or tints...... Also check out our Jersey Strokers Chat Thread...... Jersey Strokers - Chat Thread. The more the merrier. At least give a whats up!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.