Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Las Vegas

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Banshee34 
#1 ·
Ok.... who lives in or near Vegas???

I will be landing tomorrow at around 3:30 pm your time!:woot::woot::woot:

#2 ·
TIFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! how the hell r ya??? hey that sucks i just got home monday from Vegas,, ooo and my buddy was out your way a couple weeks ago, he went to work for Vestas, a windmill company.. anywho watcha doddlng out in vegas? hope everythings going good!! take care

#3 ·
You could always run into LVTitan out there Tiff:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Nah probably not a good idea.

#6 ·
Not funny Dave. :rofl: And no I didn't date someone named that valet, it's a long story! :crazy:

Cody that sucks that you already got back!:( I emailed one of my friends in Vegas and it turns out, she'll be here in Oregon while I'm down there. :sad:

I'll be attending a workshop both Friday and Saturday till 4 pm but we have the evenings. Except that I fly out at 9 pm on Saturday.

Valet... I checked the weather too...:crazy: gotta dress for a/c though.:doh: And we'll be staying at Ballys.

#8 ·
I've seen most everything except the inside of the Venetian. Hope to see that this time.:thumb:

Also wanted to do the show with the jousting etc... but tickets are expensive. So... we'll see.

Suppose I should get busy and finish packing.... hate this part of traveling, especially with all the restrictions.

#9 ·
Have a good time Tiff:thumb::thumb:

#11 ·
Have fun and take lots of Pic's.:thumb:

#14 ·
Not humid around here, but it was 112* today...

#15 ·
I'm back! :thud: Broke and I hardly gambled..... when on earth did a fricking 20 oz Diet Pepsi need to cost $5?????? or a bottle of beer for that matter? And I think most of my budget went to tipping this person, tipping that person, holy $$$$$.

Margaritaville was cool, pretty good food, but WAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced!

Was totally bored yesterday after class.... gambled a bit, then tried to find a reasonably priced dinner (TO-GO) and grab a couple beers and head back to my room. Sucky tempura vegis/shrimp with grilled chicken teriyaki for $22.:doh: Only had two shrimp and three vegis in there.:mad:

Ok enough of my food critique. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Honestly didn't have many options nor time to eat. So on to the weather.

HOLY CRAP! I think my arm burned in 2 seconds of seeing the sun.:hehe::hehe::hehe: And my poor curls went limp from the humidity.:nod::rofl: Thank goodness I packed my baseball cap.:thumb:

Workshop was great, tons of info to use for my local affiliate of ISM. But, my brain is still reeling from all that info in a short period of time.:crazy:

All in all great experience!!! Glad to be home though, 60 degs at 1:30 am and clear!:nod::thumb::woot:

#16 ·
Yeah, welcome to the Vegas strip, the ripoff capital of the world. Vegas used to be so much better back in the day when it was mob run. I avoid the strip like the bubonic plague. Still some good deals off the strip on drinks and grub. And yup the weather takes some getting used to, try working on rooftop A/Cs everyday this time of year. It's a real treat!

#19 ·
I remember the good deals as well.... and I don't have a problem tipping at all but not everyone.

And working on rooftops..... :thud: :thud:

when you live here you find out really quick where not to go and the strip is at the top of the list. allthough i did eat at the house of blues the other night and they had these fries with some sort of cream sauce and blue cheese. they were so fantastic i almost forgat about the 15 dollar price tag.
you do see alot of your money going to the tips. i can't complain though because i valet so 99% of my share of our income comes from the tips. it does get expensive though.
glad to see you made it home and had a decent time.
Too bad I couldn't have tipped you instead!!!! The shuttle driver from the aiport was like a taxi driver from New York.:crazy:

#17 ·
when you live here you find out really quick where not to go and the strip is at the top of the list. allthough i did eat at the house of blues the other night and they had these fries with some sort of cream sauce and blue cheese. they were so fantastic i almost forgat about the 15 dollar price tag.
you do see alot of your money going to the tips. i can't complain though because i valet so 99% of my share of our income comes from the tips. it does get expensive though.
glad to see you made it home and had a decent time.

#20 ·
First you get to go riding and then you get to go to Vegas... you bum :):) I wanna go do something fun :tard:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.