TS Event DD thread. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
National Everything worthy of a National Event goes here. May be moved to a regional forum if we deem worthy.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
TS Event DD thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen
OK I just got a tip from a very reliable source that the local chapter of MADD(Mothers Against Drunk Driving) has caught wind of all the activities that surround the TS event, and they're not happy!

They have been putting a lot of pressure on the Local and State PD about the TS weekend. My suggestion to you is, Have a great time, But if you've been drinking, Please give the keys to someone who hasn't! It isn't worth the chance. If you were to screw up and kill someone, doesn't make a difference what happened, you will go to jail!

Not meaning to be a Buzz Kill, I just don't think any of us need that black eye.
Just saw this on Comp D. And trust me BGPD is everywhere.

If anyone is Interested in being a Designated Driver post in here please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where is the event. I dont think you mean Battle Ground PD. LOL
Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think im too far for that event
Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonning1984 View Post
Where is the event. I dont think you mean Battle Ground PD. LOL
bowling green its bad ***
Quote:
Originally Posted by bockhold View Post
i think im too far for that event
there is people coming from canada,california,oregon and everywhere so ur not to far
Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

Might not be so bad if there weren't so many people doing burnouts on the strip and waiting to get into the fair grounds for the pulls last year. That is what raised everyones eyebrows to this. And it is true, Warren County Sherriffs Dept, Bowling Green Police Department, and KY State Police plan to be around in strong numbers because of the complaints that they received last year. For the most part, the town is pretty laid back and is quite tolerable because it is a college town, with WKU located very close to the fair grounds. But there were numerous complaints last year of drag racing in traffic on the main strip, and burnouts being done everywhere. Hope everyone that plans to attend has a safe trip, and having a DD is not a bad idea at all. I'm not complaining about anyone, just letting everyone know why it happened. I believe they had the same issues last year at the Scheid Diesel event, and may have troubles bringing that event in if it continues the way it did.

Last edited by 06F250FX4; 04-19-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
These issues are not only at this event. These are at any event you go to regardless of the type of vehicle that is involved. People just need to use their head and act responsible! There will always be someone who gets out of line and will cross the line and makes it hard for everyone. There is nothing you can do about it. I hope everyone has a safe trip. I will be there. I made my room reservation yesterday! Look out Bowling Green Granny and The Granny Truck is coming!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
I agree with Terri. I've been around many grass roots type motorsports in my life, and have noticed that there are many spectators who choose to display the prowess of their rigs on the streets surrounding the show grounds, instead of on the track. This is what often causes problems.

Blowing smoke, street racing, and burnouts are just a few of the activities that jeopardize the status of many of these events in the future.

Things got bad enough last year at the Schied event that the locally owned fairgrounds has threatened to not rent the facility to Schied next year if these activities do not cease.

I'll be at TS, and will confine my drinking to when I'm at the hotel, and when I will not be going anywhere for some time. If anyone needs a ride to and from the events, I'll be happy to help out.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOBB View Post
I agree with Terri. I've been around many grass roots type motorsports in my life, and have noticed that there are many spectators who choose to display the prowess of their rigs on the streets surrounding the show grounds, instead of on the track. This is what often causes problems.

Blowing smoke, street racing, and burnouts are just a few of the activities that jeopardize the status of many of these events in the future.

Things got bad enough last year at the Schied event that the locally owned fairgrounds has threatened to not rent the facility to Schied next year if these activities do not cease.

I'll be at TS, and will confine my drinking to when I'm at the hotel, and when I will not be going anywhere for some time. If anyone needs a ride to and from the events, I'll be happy to help out.
I've always said, if you think it's that bad a$$, put it in the pull or on the track
Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 PM
back in the saddle

Stay safe folks. BGPD doesn't mess around. I got to see them in action first hand last year at the Ramada parking lot. 2 people went to jail and the festivities got shut down real quick. They don't mind people standing around drinking and carrying on so much, but the idiots who jump in their trucks and start doing burnouts or hooking bumpers get it shut down quick... It's no joke.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ah I wish I was going to be able to make it to TS this year it was awesome. Lol If anyone wants to pay my fuel to go I'll DD everyone around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.