Mason-Dixon TDC Diesel Drag & Dyno Day Aug. 11, 2007 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
National Everything worthy of a National Event goes here. May be moved to a regional forum if we deem worthy.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mason-Dixon TDC Diesel Drag & Dyno Day Aug. 11, 2007

The Mason-Dixon Turbo Diesel Club ( Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Club ), host’s of the infamous Spring Fling and Fall Brawl, invites everyone to join us at our first, and hopefully annual, "The 1st rule is NOT to lose. The 2nd rule is NOT to forget the 1st rule" Drag and Dyno Day at Cecil County Dragway ( :: CECIL COUNTY DRAGWAY :: ) in Rising Sun, Maryland on August 11, 2007.

This will be an all day event of enjoyable and relaxing ¼ mile diesel drag racing on an excellent prepared track. Of course there will also be many inevitable impromptu grudge match races!! If drag racing is not your thing, David Dunbar and the DPM mobile Dynojet 248C ( Diesel Performance Motorsports ) will also be on hand for those that want to “Rock the Rollers”. Here is your chance to spend an entire day racing, tuning, wrenching and BSing with diesel racers and enthusiasts from all over the country in a relaxed, non pressured atmosphere and also get on a dyno that has had some of the highest hp trucks in the country on it.

A few of the specific details are still being worked out, but here are some of the basics:

There will be a limited number of “Racer” tickets issued (approx. 150-180). A “Racer” ticket will entitle the bearer (driver) admission into the track and as many passes as they can make. To make a pass down the track, you MUST have a purchased a ticket. Gates open at 8 am, racing from 9 am to 4 pm. Ticket pricing and contact info will be posted when available.

This is a “Run whatcha brung”, “Outlaw” style event! No limits, No restrictions!! Although, all vehicles must pass NHRA tech. Helmet for 13.99 or quicker, Cage for 11.49 or quicker, etc. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! 2005 NHRA E.T. Quick Reference Chart Sportsman and Pro tree will be available.

Admission into the track for spectators and pit crews is $10 per person

The DPM dyno will be $75 for 3 pulls and will be a first come, first serve sign up the day of the event.

Tracy Smith from TRS Photo ( TRS Photo - Event Gallery ) will also be on hand to shoot professional racing photos for the day! Photos will be available for purchase from her website shortly after the event.

Any vendors or sponsors wishing to attend this event can contact me at dockboy@masondixontdc.com

Several of the Pro Street Diesels have committed to attend so far to see just how fast they can go and more to come later!!

There are plenty of Hotels within 2-10 miles of the track and I will be working on some group rates for some to post later. Also, the Elk Neck State Park is close by for those that might want to combine it with a Camping trip.

So………mark your calendars and keep your eyes and ears out for when tickets become available!!!!

Thanks,

Greg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2007, 05:30 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Greg....I'm scheduled to work that Saturday, but I'm there!!! I can get someone to work for me that day! I can't wait! Brisco, the g/f and I will be there with bells on!!! Sign me up for everything!!!!

BTW, I just Google-Mapped the track. Looks like a pretty small place but good enough for Marty and I to whoop up on some snotty D-Max's!!!!

C'Mon PowerStrokers! We need to get some Powerstroke.Org participation on this!!!

Last edited by Ditty; 01-20-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Powerstrokin'

Yo Dockboy count me in. Finally something for us more northern east coast fellas to get together and tell lies...uh I mean share kill stories together!

Rob
Old 01-20-2007, 05:55 AM

The best part is, this track is like an hour from me. Anyone from the .org (other than Marty) that travels further than me gets a free beer!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditty View Post
The best part is, this track is like an hour from me. Anyone from the .org (other than Marty) that travels further than me gets a free beer!!!!
Careful there Ditty! I'm sure there are plenty of MDTDC members that will travel from several hundred miles away for this event. Looks like you might need a trailer to carry all that free beer!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:46 AM

I'm talking about anyone from PowerStroke.Org. You have to have a MemberShip sticker to receive Ditty's free beer. (And if it happens to be that I have to buy 3000lbs of beer, it's a good thing I drive a PSD...I could haul a whole brewery to the event.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
whoop whoop!

I'll definately bee there!
That's my home track haha... I've never raced there and don't plan to-- but DEFINATELY plan to be in attendance. I'll have my buddy drive my stepdad's ford there just so we can have more fords haha.

I'll be there w/ camera's and laptops taking video's and pics too.

Ditty you GOTTA get off for this day - this is going to be a HUGE event! I can't wait! It's 2 days before my BDAY so I'm STOKED!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Premium Member

I don't think I'll make it. hahaha
Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm workin on getting a few more people from outside the forums to come and show some ford love!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:29 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
I should be there..gonna see if my father-in-law can come too w/ his modded 7.3...it's only like only 20-30 minutes from my place!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.