Customer Service? NOT!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
MKM Customs MKM Customs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Customer Service? NOT!!!

Just a quick story about a terrible customer service experience.
I have had my 2000 F250 in the body shop for repairs of front end damage sustained in the last snow storm. The body shop was very helpful in upgrading my front end to the 05-07 look. It didn't occur to me til very late in the process that I needed to rewire the truck for the new headlights. Doing research I found the MKM Customs offered the complete kit to do this. So, I called them to order the wiring pigtails.
The person I first spoke to, did not know if they sold them separately, but took my name and number, and would call me right back. 24 hours later and no call back, I called them again.
The second person I spoke to (different guy) said they did have them but did not know the price. Took my name and number, would call right back.
24 hours later and no phone call, I called back twice and got some lady answering the phone Blah-blah Manufacturing. I told the lady, sorry I must have miss dialed, wrong number.
Now I am supposed to pick up my truck tomorrow and need to drive in the early am (read-DARK) with no headlights. Getting very concerned.
Called back again, and confirmed that I was talking to MKM Customs, finally ordered my pigtails. But next day air was not available to my zipcode (boondocks Colorado). They said they would send me a tracking number, but some time after I hung up the phone, I realized they had not taken my email address.
Finally arrived 4 days later, and what a surprise. I was expecting plug-and-play (my fault for not asking) what I got were 2 Ford replacement socket and wires.
No instructions or hints included.
Now here is the sad part, I called for help with the wiring, because the replacement pigtail has all green wires. The young man I talked to told me how to find the hot and ground wires on the truck, (already had that figured out!) but had no idea what wires came off the pigtail. He asked his buddy, then told me they have done a few of these conversions, and they just trial and error until they get it right.
I had to google H13 headlight wires, and got an old write-up on FTE.
I sure hope they have better product knowledge of the rest of their lines, because knowledge of this one sucked.
Here is a hint for you guys, and write this down:

wire #1= LOW BEAM
wire #2= GROUND (common)
wire #3= HIGH BEAM

so that the next guy that asks about YOUR PRODUCT, you can give an intelligent answer.

BTW, another hint: all the wires are in the same relative positions on both connectors

PS. Don't confuse people by answering the phone with a different company name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.