Mishimoto Blows Up an Intercooler! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Mishimoto Automotive Mishimoto Automotive

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mishimoto Blows Up an Intercooler!

Watch what happens when a stock diesel intercooler tries to keep up with one of our performance aluminum intercoolers! This test proves that Mishimoto intercoolers can handle the pressure, and keep pushing the limits!

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Thanks,
Tyler Sylvester
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
awwww, get a new compressor!!! hahahaha

In comparison to real life, what kind of pressures does that intercooler see in the truck.
I assume it will relate to the turbo set up.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Impressive......but now the question is.....just how much pressure can it handle
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM

pass the
Old 11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
awwww, get a new compressor!!! hahahaha

In comparison to real life, what kind of pressures does that intercooler see in the truck.
I assume it will relate to the turbo set up.
A stock 6.0L Powerstroke will see around 20-30psi, but depending on how the truck is built, they can see much higher. We have customers running our intercooler on their 6.0L, running over 100psi!

But the strength of our intercoolers is just one of the many reasons to purchase one. Our intercoolers also provide lower air intake temps, reduced pressure loss, and more efficient heat dissipation. Plus, all of our products come with a lifetime warranty! These are all benefits that can be seen from installing one of our intercoolers onto your truck. If you want to see this data, check out our engineering reports on our website. They can be found on the product pages for these intercoolers!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Great response, thank you.

I am shopping for the cool side components as we speak and you guys are on the list.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm just a simple hillbilly but my understanding is boost is just a measure of restriction. I would be more interested in seeing cfm comparison over a psi comparison. To me this doesn't prove much benefit to 99.9% of diesel owners. I'll agree plastic end tanks are a poor design but come on.

Brett
Old 11-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
Great response, thank you.

I am shopping for the cool side components as we speak and you guys are on the list.
Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions about our products, as I would be happy to help!

Thanks,
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
I'm just a simple hillbilly but my understanding is boost is just a measure of restriction. I would be more interested in seeing cfm comparison over a psi comparison. To me this doesn't prove much benefit to 99.9% of diesel owners. I'll agree plastic end tanks are a poor design but come on.

Brett
Hi Brett,

This test was intended purely as a stress test to show the advantages of our cast aluminum end tanks over plastic end tanks. The strength of our intercoolers isn't the only reason to purchase one. Our intercoolers provide lower air intake temps, reduced pressure loss, and more efficient heat dissipation. Plus, all of our products come with a lifetime warranty! These are all benefits that can be seen even on a stock truck.

We have engineering reports on our website which show this information if you are interested in a more detailed explanation of the performance gains! Here is a link to the 6.0L Powerstroke Intercooler engineering report.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...ing-Report.pdf

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.