carpool to SSS 09 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Mid-Atlantic DE - DC - KY - MD - NC - TN - VA - WV

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 AM
wriott

carpool to SSS 09

ok i have room in my rig for 5 people comfortably or more if you want to squeeze in. im taking my low pro freightliner down and hauling my 02 on my flatbed... i would say we could fit about 7 people total inside if you really wanted... there is 2 seats in the front of the truck with a sleeper in the back. the sleeper has a couch in it that will fit 3 large adults or 4 smaller people. if somone wanted to sit on the floor that is also fine as there is also room to do that... i have had 18 people in it before (long story) but everyone was sitting ontop of eachother and we only went for an hour ride...

my plan is to leave thrusday morning from mid michigan at about 6:00 AM. i plan on comming back on monday, i hope to leave Scotts place around 8 AM or such and drive home... i dont have room for another truck unless someone has a larger trailer, if so i can haul it.

so far this is who is riding along...

Me
Rick (my friend who is riding down and comming back on his own so his spot will be empty on the way back)
Jake
GM Duratard

here is the route im going to take...

Driving Directions from Durand, MI to 12644 Old Us Highway 52, Winston Salem, NC

let me know if you want to ride along as fuel will be split up between everyone...

i plan on sleeping in the truck unless the people going want to split a room, i would be interested, let me know

also the people who want to go with me PM me your number so i can contact you on the way and let me know if we want to only have 5 people or if we want to have 7....

the first people that post to this will have first choice, you need to be 100% sure you are gonna go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Subscribing.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 AM
wriott

Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's a bump for you. BTW, before the trip, I will give you my number and when you come through the bottom of WV (Bluefield on 77S) I will try to join you guys and follow!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 AM
wriott

sounds good... convoys are always fun...

anyone riding along getting a hotel room??? or does anyone have an extra spot available for thursday night thru sunday night???
Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
PMR = JUNK

I don't have a room yet. If i gotta ill just pay part of someone elses and sleep on the floor or something. Or even sleep in the truck.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:57 AM

So Jake your not taking your truck for sure?

I dont care about sleeping arrangements. If people want to split a room Im in, if not I can sleep where ever needed..im not picky.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 AM
PMR = JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Duraturd View Post
So Jake your not taking your truck for sure?

I dont care about sleeping arrangements. If people want to split a room Im in, if not I can sleep where ever needed..im not picky.
Don't know how i would take my truck unless we drove down separate, which is always an option but it would cost us more unless someone else wants to go that we don't have room for in the freightliner. Of course people could always ride in the truck on the trailer.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Swing down here and pick me up
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Don't know how i would take my truck unless we drove down separate, which is always an option but it would cost us more unless someone else wants to go that we don't have room for in the freightliner. Of course people could always ride in the truck on the trailer.
Thats what I thought just asking. Im pretty sure the red part is not exactly legal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.