Convoy thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Mid Atlantic Powerstrokes MAP Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 03:04 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Convoy thread

Well let this be traveling plans/info for the MAP members of the forum to discuss this please.

I was thinking of leaving Friday morning the 12th to head down and leaving Monday morning the 15th to head home.

I was thinking 8 or 9 on Friday to put us down there between 3 or 4.

Eric and Nate were trying to decide which day to leave - so put your ideas in here and then we'll see what we all can do to make sure we have multiple trucks going down at the same time
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can feel the excitement brewing! this year's SSS is gonna be a wild ride! :nate:
Old 03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
<--Chicks Machine

Send a message via AIM to Anthony2447
Im pretty flexible , after a year in the desert im gonna tak off work for a month or two so anytime will be fine with me but i def cant wait im pretty sure Ill be able to bring my uncles popup camper plus my old lady will proablly tag along too
Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Rice Hunter

I'm hoping to catch ya'll heading in my direction
Wanting to leave Friday also and return Monday
Old 03-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

The convoy thing is fun but not so much with the camper. I'll probably be leaving either in the early morning hours of Friday or after work on Thursday. I like the idea of Thursday night because traffic will be nonexistent after I get past Baltimore. I just got home from Myrtle Beach and we left at 2:00 AM to beat the traffic. It took my sister-in-law over 11 hours to get home yesterday during the day and we made it in a little over 8.5 including a stop at the Waffle House.

We have a long time to work this out yet, but I don't intend to hold the group up in their travels to or from. That's why we left early and traveled by ourselves last year for the ride home. I don't like to run much more than 70 mph with the camper but will run more like 80 without it.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:16 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Matt - convoys are safer and more fun! The thing that would suck though since your truck is the only with a 5th wheel hitch would be for YOU to break down - however with 3 crew cabs I'm sure we could accomodate the extra's you'll have along

Eric, Nate and Myself came back from NC last year all on cruise control. I think we averaged 68-70 mph the whole way back. We were all pushing for fuel mileage and we all did very well. IIRC Eric got the best on his econo tune, but had to switch it off because it was dreadfully slow! Besides if someone breaks down there are multiple heads/hands to help
Old 03-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

I agree with you Marty. I just don't like to be a hinderance for the group. If it works out that I join the group that's cool. If not then it's no big deal since I'm used to rolling alone. I usually prepare mechanically before a long trip like that but you never know what can happen along the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.