New in Michigan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New in Michigan

I figured Id post this here seeing as this is where I'm from and who I'd most likely be interacting with.

Anyways.

My name is Sara, I'm from Midland, MI and while I don't drive a Powerstroke myself there is one in the family.

I personally drive a 98 Ram 2500 witha 24v Cummins. I considered all 3 varietys of Diesel but couldn't find anything in the range I wanted to spend that wasnt rusted to death or broke in some way, until I stumbled across the Dodge. I'm sure if anyone is in my area they have seen me, its hard to miss the huge pink C I have in the back window

97 Powerstroke

my 98 Ram. Minus the tailgate, someone thought they needed it more than I did and stole it while I was in the bar. I have a BHAF on it, and got a set of 17" chrome H2 rims for it, which will be going on this spring. I'm looking to do some more stuff to it this winter, pending on if I purchase another truck here in the next month. My brother has a 94 12v that we will be twin turboing this winter.

Another reason why I joined and I don't mean to step on any toes or cross any lines here but I wanted to extend the invite here.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of Black Smoke Mafia but it's a diesel performance truck club that now has 16 Chapters across the US.

I had noticed that Michigan did not have any sort of club for trucks but tons for everything else under the sun. So I took it upon myself and started the Black Smoke Michigan Chapter.

I did some reading and saw that you werent going to have a MI Chapter for the site since everyone seemed to be all spread out. So maybe I can help?

I just wanted to let everyone know we exsisted and welcome you in if you wanted to join, we have 10 members right now with I believe about 4 more "prospects" looking to join.

We are having a get together on Dec 18th at 6:30pm at the Big Buck Brewery in Gaylord, MI. I know it's short notice and I appologize but our next meeting is January 15th. We havent picked a location, I try to move the meets around to make it fair to everyone so not the same people are driving all the time. Our December meet was in Bay City.

Here is the site if anyone would like to check it out. We actually do not have any Powerstroke members right now and I would like some because I'd like to have a club with a nice variety of knowledge and interests. I'm actually out numbered by Duramax owners right now..lol So Id love some more variety.

Only requirement for the club is the have a club sticker somewhere visable on the truck and have at least some sort of mod, exhaust, intake, etc.

Free Forum: http://blacksmokemafia.forum-free.net/

Our memebrs are all over as well. We have members in Bay City, Midland, Flint, Gaylord, Petoskey.

Like I said I dont want to step on any toes here but I wanted to extend the invite and we will be doing track days, going to sled pulls, etc.

But if anything else comes join us for dinner and a beer we always have a great time. I just ask if you plan to join us let me know so I can call and make our reservation bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Welcome & good luck organizing any sort of MI GTG, it's quite a task & not as easy as it seems. We don't have a shortage of trucks, we have a shortage of attention & interest when the time comes to actually show up.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks.

Yea I'm fully aware of the lack of motivation from those in MI. Seems like every forum I'm on people want to get together but everyone cry babies about how far away it is from them or they cant do it because of this or that.

On the other hand, the group of guys I have in my club right now are great. Our November meeting brought out 6 trucks and 8 people, our December meeting which is this Saturday sounds like its going to be just as good if not better. And So far I don't have a place set for January but it sounds like its going to be a good turn out as well.

Just have to find the right people who don't always want to hide behind a computer screen!!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The best GTG MI saw in about the last 6 years was back in Feb this year. Our late friend Will Iott (Wriott) organised a HUGE GTG at Hooters in Flint, afterwards we all met up at his house in Durand. Not even 30 mins after that half of the group left. Tried to get some big ones after that but haven't been that big. We did have around a dozen or so trucks back in the summer down in Howell. Found that usually works out best for people, it's about an even drive for people in all directions. Put it too far North & the Southern people b!tch. Too far South & the Northern people b!tch, you can't please everyone in Michigan for sure.
We see what date works the best for everyone, pick a date & roll with it. If they show up then awesome. If they don't, then they can wait till the next one. Don't matter if we have 4 people show up or if we have 24 people show up, we have a good time. I'd go to your GTG on Sat but it's too far North for me & I have other projects this weekend. If you get a GTG around Flint some weekend & I can most likely stop by there with a few trucks & say hi.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I do understand our meet is pretty far north. Our member from Gaylord drove down last month so I thought in all fairness we'd drive to him plus we have 2-3 members in Petoskey.

Next Month the date is January is the 15th. I was thinking about having our next meet in Lansing or Flint. If you can suggest a good resturant that can accomidate us all in Flint that would be great.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
I do understand our meet is pretty far north. Our member from Gaylord drove down last month so I thought in all fairness we'd drive to him plus we have 2-3 members in Petoskey.

Next Month the date is January is the 15th. I was thinking about having our next meet in Lansing or Flint. If you can suggest a good resturant that can accomidate us all in Flint that would be great.
i could make one in lansing or flint. id just have to plan to be home from school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Rebel View Post
The best GTG MI saw in about the last 6 years was back in Feb this year. Our late friend Will Iott (Wriott) organised a HUGE GTG at Hooters in Flint, afterwards we all met up at his house in Durand. Not even 30 mins after that half of the group left. Tried to get some big ones after that but haven't been that big. We did have around a dozen or so trucks back in the summer down in Howell. Found that usually works out best for people, it's about an even drive for people in all directions. Put it too far North & the Southern people b!tch. Too far South & the Northern people b!tch, you can't please everyone in Michigan for sure.
We see what date works the best for everyone, pick a date & roll with it. If they show up then awesome. If they don't, then they can wait till the next one. Don't matter if we have 4 people show up or if we have 24 people show up, we have a good time. I'd go to your GTG on Sat but it's too far North for me & I have other projects this weekend. If you get a GTG around Flint some weekend & I can most likely stop by there with a few trucks & say hi.
i agree that GTG at hooters turned out great i wish i could have made it (damn ex gf). but the GTG in august turned out pretty good it was a good time. hope we can do some big ones next year. maybe do a michigan/ohio one?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think In the next week or so I will be in Flint to go talk with someone at Baker College. My school doesn't offer an RN program so I have to transfer after this year.

And if anyone was interested in Joining the club, I'm hoping to have stickers and shirts within the next week or so.

I may have to find a new shirt guy I sent him exactly what I wanted before Thanksgiving with the exact trucks I wanted used and he sent me something today with 2 2wd F150s and a Yukon I was not happy. But I should have Diff shirts maybe by Sat. or by
next week

And actually I run the Most active chapter in the country right now with the exception of maybe the original chapter..
Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'll check around, my problem with hooters is it doesn't offer a good bang for the buck. Last time we had so many people with 2 huge tables put together it was split 50/50 between the ORG & PSN. Kinda funny actually but it didn't offer the 2 groups to talk to each other till we got out to the parking lot. I'll check around for other options.....
Old 12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea let me know, were a pretty close group so I dont want to be spread out all over hells half acre!

Hooters was decent for us in Nov, but there were only 8 of us too.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just to update we talked at the meet yesterday and we are looking at Bay City again since its a pretty equal drive for those up north and those south of us that would like to come.

We arent sure as to where we are going yet, but I can let anyone interested know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.