Had a scare - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Member approved repair facilities Where to take your rig!! A place for members to give reccomendations as to what repair facilities they have had success with!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had a scare

First let me state that im learning diesel engines as I mess with mine. Truck is stock right now.

Last night I was on my way to school with my girlfriend. Occasionally when I get on the skinny pedal my truck with puff a little bit of black smoke, she enjoys seeing it. We were getting onto a highway and she leaned up looking in the rear view mirror for it, so I had to get on it. Well I downshifted from 5th to 4th gear, and let it go. Right before I shifted into 5th if popped really load and the turbo stopped whinning! My heart dropped, im thinking I just fried the turbo. trying to get to the next exit I had the truck floored and I was barely going 55 mph with no whine from the turbo at all. I looked under the hood, checking the turbo examining to see if I had any fluids leaking, hoses off. I didnt see anything wrong. I took it to Westgate Ford in Youngstown, Ohio and asked them what it could be. The guy took a look and found that the lower tube hose had popped off and told me to pull it outside one of the service bays. They got the hose back on for me made sure it was tight and didnt charge me a thing. Just asked me to bring back the business! I was shocked! I was expecting like $70 for shop time. I missed my class, but I will take that any day instead of a $2000 up bill. I was so releived that it was just the hose, and not the turbo.

Anyone in the Youngstown area you should definatly check Westgate Ford out for any service!!! Super people, they will have my truck any time something major goes wrong!!!! If there are any Westgate employees here, Keep up the good work!! And thanks again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Conservative and Proud

WHOA, I would have freaked too!

That is just awesome that they helped you out like that!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Posted in the wrong section, ment to put it into the 99-03 section. What can you do? Yeah im very impressed with Westgate Ford.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:01 AM
im fat and ugly

wow that suprising they didnt charge something. was it a loose clamp or did you ask the cause?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It was a loose clamp. I could have taken it home and gotten it on, but they said they would fix it. When I got home all the clamps got tightened just to make sure it doesnt happen again.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:32 AM
just a number

I would write a letter to the dealership management and cc it to Ford. But, don't put they fixed it for free, just that you were really pleased with ____ (insert name here) for getting your vehicle in and out and the excellent customer service you were given.
my .02
Old 10-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good Idea thanks for the thought!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I probably would have dropped a load in my pants if that happened to 'ol Brisco. I'm going to get under the hood and check the tightness on all of my clamps this weekend!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Where is this westgate ford located?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to F250gal Send a message via Yahoo to F250gal
Had a scare

Had a similar type of scare while pulling our 36 foot toy hauler up a grade. Pulling with our 04 F350 Duelly, Banks etc. installed. Had the loud POP, thought it was a tire at first, then realized we had no power. Made it to the toop of the grade, BARELY, got off the road and opened the hood.
The top hose had blown off and the stinken clamp had put a big dent from the inside out on the hood. OUCH Got the hose back on, tightened the clamp, and off we went on our trip.

Got home, took it to our local FORD dealer and they replaced the hood under warranty. They did tighten all the hoses at that time.:burnout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.