Need 2003 Super Duty (6.0) advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need 2003 Super Duty (6.0) advice

Hi

New to the forum...I have an 03 crew cab 6.0 with about 70,000 on it. I have to think about painting it...AC needs to be worked on...got a sensor problem in the door...and now my mechanic thinks I may have a rusty oil pan. I plow a little but not much...prob how the pan got rusted. I love the thing but its allot of truck...and not terribly reliable or so I am told. Im about to spend some money...but it is paid for.

Im in Central Mass...whats every one think.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to joeniel
Well how bad is the paint? Paint is only cosmetic.. and the oil pan is the only real necessary thing unless the door sensor is causing problems. You also dont NEED ac. Do whats most important first, and then when money permits, do the rest.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Premium Member

well first off if its paid for youre in better shape then i am, i also have a rusty oil pan but until it starts leaking im doing nothing about it. I have rust over my rear fender and im told the bed is in rough shape, however there are beds out there, but for now i bought some bushwacker fender flares and slapped them on no i cannot see the rust so i dont care seen as how my bed is a loss anyways. I will not trade my truck in, it has been very reliable and any truck will be relaible as long as you take care of it, i also plow too. the door sensor just squirt some brake parts cleaner in there and that should free it up, my dad had that issue on his 03 f350, my mom had it on her 97 expedition, its a common ford flaw. I say fix it, especially if its paid for, as far as the engine goes, upgrade your egr cooler and you will be fine, i dunno about you but i wont be running big power on my truck so i really dont worry to much about the head studs, like i said upgrade the egr cooler and you should be good and the truck will last you a very very long time as long as you take care of it
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Premium Member

lol joe im lookin for a bed too, damn new england winters lol
Old 08-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc2252 View Post
Hi

New to the forum...I have an 03 crew cab 6.0 with about 70,000 on it. I have to think about painting it...AC needs to be worked on...got a sensor problem in the door...and now my mechanic thinks I may have a rusty oil pan. I plow a little but not much...prob how the pan got rusted. I love the thing but its allot of truck...and not terribly reliable or so I am told. Im about to spend some money...but it is paid for.

Im in Central Mass...whats every one think.

Thanks in advance
, With respect to the oil pain rust...how bad is the rust? Are you leaking oil? If not maybe you could try so Permatex Rust treatment or something like that? If it is paid for and mechanically sound I would try to keep it on the road for as long as I could IMHO. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.