Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I am in MA.

24K views 151 replies 73 participants last post by  mikeb01453 
#1 ·
Ok folks, whom else is from MA? I live on the Cape.

#29 ·
That sounds like something I might be interested in. So now your oil is 100% free, right?(after the initial investment, of course) With all the driving I do, at $1200 I would break even in uder 4 months :thumb:
I live in Va. now, but I grew up in Norwell. since growing up there, i've lived in Hanover, Braintree, Quincy, Whitman, and Rockland. I've worked in almost every corner of New England and still have family all over Ma., so I know my way around the Bay State pretty well. It's only about a 8-10 hour ride up there, if you guys ever have a PSD get together, I may have to make a road trip!
BTW I used to complain about Ma. taxes too, until I moved to Va. and found a place that is worse!
Virginia is for TAX lovers!

Well I just wanted to say hey to all of you and GO PATS!!!

#30 ·
How long have you been running on veggie oil? I want to convert but I'm hesitant becuase of the lack of long term data really. One major failure such as injector for the lift pump and it's not worth it, never mind a complete engine failure. Anyway, I really want to but I'm hesitant becuase of reliability.

#33 ·
:welcome1: to the .org!!

#34 ·
Hey... figured I would give this forum a kick...

Grew up in Springfield, and the area....

Stationed in Texas as well...

Will be home within the year...hopefull 4 or 5 months from now... looking for work, etc..

Chase

#37 ·
:welcome1: to the .org!!

#38 ·
Well guys i'm back in MA for good just moved home from TX last week. All done with the Army it's was a great experiance and I look forward to becoming a police officer sometime in the future. It's just a waiting game now. I hope when the weather gets nice we could try and have meet!!

Matt

#40 ·
im not from mass, but not from far away (londonderry, nh) , ill have to keep my eyes out for meets and try to make it out there

#41 ·
Scituate, MA here. If anyone gets "lost" and makes their way over to the South Shore, you gotta shoot me an PM and maybe we'll meet up.

#42 ·
Greetings from the land of Dartmouth, MA the biggest little town in the commonwealth

#44 ·
Hey my dad still lives in Hanover on Cedar st. :thumb:

#85 ·
i live right off cedar on main st in hanover

#46 ·
Hey

I'm from Westfield MA we should all meet up sometime let see what we can work out there is defiantly enough of us for a meet

#50 ·
I'm from Mass

I live in Athol Mass. out by the Quabin Reservoir. I started out in Scituate 35 years ago and have been moving west a little at a time.

#51 ·
Im in northampton (Western) MA. Ill keep an eye out to see if anyone sets up a meet.

#52 ·
Oh btw, if anyone is interested in setting up a BIG meet, their is what I would think would be a perfect place for it 5 minutes from my house, they usually hold large horse race shows and the like....Tons and tons of room. Lots of wide open roads nearby and two decent places to go mudding as well. You do have to pay to use their facilities and stuff, but if we got enough people, it could be pretty cool. Heres a link to their site

3 County Fair - Northampton Massachusetts - Three County Fair

They have also had demolition derbies and stuff there so it seems like they allow you to use their tracks too.

#53 ·
im in

Oh btw, if anyone is interested in setting up a BIG meet, their is what I would think would be a perfect place for it 5 minutes from my house, they usually hold large horse race shows and the like....Tons and tons of room. Lots of wide open roads nearby and two decent places to go mudding as well. You do have to pay to use their facilities and stuff, but if we got enough people, it could be pretty cool. Heres a link to their site

3 County Fair - Northampton Massachusetts - Three County Fair

They have also had demolition derbies and stuff there so it seems like they allow you to use their tracks too.[

lets do it

#54 · (Edited)
The Marshfield Fair, Rt. 3A in Marshfield, MA.

Anyone interested in going to a local fair ground for 2 days of truck pulls, the pulls are open to the public and all you need is a trailer hitch and a full faced helmet (dirt bike helmet). Last year the charge was $20.00 to hook to the sled. They do a "pull off" and the best trucks take home some cash and trophies. It's a blast and there are usually some pretty awesome trucks there. As far as I know, Mass Diesel Performance will have some of their trucks pulling at least one of the days. The Mass Pullers Assoiation is in charge of putting on the sled pulling show.

Saturday August 16th: 2PM and 6PM

Sunday August 17th: 2PM and 6PM

Here's a link to the event list just in case you guys want to show up and make some pulls. I'll be there with a bunch of my buddies and their trucks, look for my truck dragin a sled!

http://www.marshfieldfair.org/pdffiles/entsched.pdf

#55 ·
Man the Marshfeild fair brings back a lot of memories of when I was growing up. We went there every year without fail....we always looked forward to it. It definitely was a big part of our summers as kids.

Especially after Paragon Park closed down. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.